SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

2008 Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: 2008 Schedule Reply with quote

I will post the winning 2008 schedule later on after I get home and get the list that I do not have w/ me at work. One thing I wondered about last night (this isn't a complaint, simply an inquiry), was how come the tournament committee was not brought together for a meeting to come up with a list of schedules as has been the normal practice in the past? I have zero issues w/ any of the schedules and think Rock did a fine job, but I had thought that it was a function of the tournament committee and tournament director to put them together.
Rocket
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: 2008 Tourneys Reply with quote

You got it right. I was looking through the application permits on the Sunday before the meeting and I saw a note from Gary Sabota - Iowa DNR - that he was going to start working on next year's schedule the first of November. He also said that during some months he does give preference to catch and release tourneys. Add to that my finding out in early September that Mozingo was booked all of April, May, June and July, I panicked and thought we needed to get going on it so I could send our applications in before he starts the scheduling process. Last year, by the time he received our application he had already scheduled other club's tourneys and we had to adjust our preferred date. I think next year, I should send in for Mozingo (April or May) in April. We also need to start the decision process sooner than we currently do maybe August! Over the last three years, I have moved the date I sent in applications from December to now October. I am sorry about not consulting the tournament committee, my fault. Just doing the best I can with what I got!
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool rocket... was just wondering about it. Makes perfect sense though. Thanks for throwing that all together. Funniest thing about making the schedule is that someone is always going to be mad about the one we vote to fish, lol. This time, though, it all falls on you! Razz
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Rocket. Some time's ya just gotta "Fish......or cut bait" Laughing
sbbAdmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: 2008 Tournament schedule confirmed. Reply with quote

We will kick things off this season in the wind, rain, sleet, snow and ice on big old Brown Lake. This event is scheduled for April 26.. Bring shorts, but Dress warm.

#2 Okoboji early... May 17th. Don't recall being up there this early before. Bass should be pre spawn, feeding up for the event. Should be some good jerkbait fish.. To bad the lake Fork ring fry has been outlawed up there.. I guess, the one good thing about being there this early is that there probably will not be as many string bikins displayed to distract one from twitching your bait.

#3 Back to the old BIG fish mud hole. Very Happy Badger Creek. June 7. Could still find a few pigs on the bank making little ones. Man I hate it that they have also outlawed the ring fry here. Darn DNR anyway..

#4 This will be fun. Have not been here for a while.. Will have to do some prefishing here during the July 4th weekend to learn the lay of the land again. Lake Anita July 12. I think the ring fry is ok here..

#5 MoZZZingo.. August 30. It is going to be hot, with a chance of rain with late afternoon storms a possibility.. I have a Carolina rig tied on for this one. ( NO RING FRY'S) I am currenty working on a proto type copper lightning rod that slips into the rear light socket on the tub that can either ground to the lake or the non boater, depending on his score card.

#6 Three Mile Sept 20. My plan is to cut Dan off and throw buzzbaits...

#7.. Pony Creek KS..October 4. This one is going to be tough... This past fall Me and my net man pipe. Pounded this thing hopeing for one bass.. There were balls of bait fish under the boat all day.. No self respecting bass was going to eat a ring fry while they have all of this popcorn shad swiming in and out of thier mouth..

#8 Our new extra feature event.. Date to be announced. Fall Okoboji bass fishin extravoganza...

As best I know,, That all folks..

See you all on the ramp..
Moose
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns: Glad to be back here! Early prediction is that the winning stringer will come from less than 3ft of water.

Okoboji: Well...at least we're up there..although it will seem a bit early. This will be a mostly largemouth from the canals tournament...but should be productive and fun as usual.

Badger Creek: My 21.5"er is now a0 22", but now knows not to eat swimming jigs...Prediction is that Father John takes this one again...

Anita: This one will be very fun...as it is newly redone, with hungry fish, and its a great summer structure lake. Now, if only we had kirby here to call some gals to come out at 1am...

Mozingo: Prentis will once again finish in the top 3 at this lake, and will do so by fishing in 1ft of water. Meanwhile, I'll try not to bottom out in a culvert ditch on the way down...

3Mile: I'll search around for a tree or two to throw something other than a ring fry into...

Pony Creek: Sounds like this may be a good tournament to begin thinking about hunting season...
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm, lets see....
Brown's, fish should be on the deep drops and ledges. Keep a close watch on the dept finder. Rolling Eyes
Boji, all the fish will be in the cannels. Yea, that's the ticket. Razz
Badger? we don't need no stinkin Badger. Evil or Very Mad
Anita, check the banks, if they aint there, put your card under the wiper blade of Utleys window and we'll get back with ya on the results. Smile
Mozingo. "Keep to the road, stay off the moors". (American wearwolf in London) Shocked
3 Mile. This is a tough one, It,s always hard to figure out a lake that has a number in it,s name. Try trolling. Rolling Eyes
Pony creek. Come on......A lake named Pony creek? What's next " Teddy bear river?" Confused
I hope this helps.
Rocket
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Official Tournament Schedule Reply with quote

Finally received all of our tournament applications from Iowa and Missouri (can't send in for Pony Creek yet). So here are the official dates.
April 26 Brown
May 17 Okoboji
June 7 Badger Creek
July 12 Anita
August 30 Mozingo
September 20 Three Mile
October ? Pony Creek
Now, the whining can begin in earnest Laughing
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing I am going to whine about is, That we have almost 5 darn months to wait until we get to fish the first gig of the season.. Mad
It is going to be a long winter..
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a little time on our hands do we? The Christmas shopping must all be done. Razz
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Christmas has come and gone.. Reply with quote

Spring will be here sooooon.
Setting here today working on the web page, adding rules.. Came up with an idea. I can hear you now... OH NO here we go.. Razz Big stringer pool we collect at the ramp. We currently pay back to those who get in 50% to first, 30% to second and 20% to third. I would like to suggest we change the payout to be 50% to first 30% to second and 20% to last place. Or some % of the take. What do you guys think...?
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would last place include those that didn't catch a fish or last place being the one with the fewest Fish Points > 0? Maybe give 20% to the person closest to catching half of the winners fish point total, ties go to the largest stringer, then largest fish (LOL). Then it would be more of a random deal.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to make it work, but the biggest concern I have heard about regarding the payout is that Big Bass get's paid 100% of the pool while big stringer gets only a portion of the pool. The reasoning goes that BB can be simply one lucky cast as opposed to putting together a pattern for the day. Personally, I don't put much stock in the $ part of this thing (doesn't mean I won't take it if I win it Wink ) but that ain't why I'm out there.

If anybody has any brilliant ideas for changing up the payout scheme, I would be interested in hearing about it.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: PAYOUT Reply with quote

I am not in it for the $$$$$ either.. If I have $5 or $10 clams, at a lake I like to fish on I get in, not so much to cash in but more to help some other member with his gas bill.. Laughing I like the Big Bass pot as it is.. Anyone at any time can come up with that fish. As for the Big stringer.. First place is worth some of the take... Second place??? Third place???? Well they are just second and third place.. Thinking that if we take the 50% from second and third and deal it out to a mix of the pack???
Be it third and 6th, fifth and 9 th etc.. come up with some place schedule. I think it might bring a few more non-boaters into the deal.. To much time on my hands// Very Happy What do you guys think?
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my thought is that if we try the "heavy boat" deal and that works out, it might end up being a replacement for 1st, 2nd and 3rd stringer and we could go to 1st, 2nd and 3rd "heavy boat". This would get more guys getting paid off and both participants would be putting in the work - leads to more of a team approach.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: