SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Jake..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> What is on your mind ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Jake.. Reply with quote

Well it has been like 6 weeks maybe 7 weeks since Airman Clark was to report for basic training at Lackland air base in TX.. I would guess that his hair has started to grow back in places some by now.. He should know left from right .. left , right left right left right, about face (or turn around) by now.. His scrawny little chicken arms are now big steel straps, just waiting to be sprung.. His hook set on his first fish once he gets the chance will rip the lips clean off the fish.. That is if he still fishes..
He has probably learned to play 5 card stud, TX holdem and how to drink whisky shooters with out making that "tastes Nasty face" .. Basic traing has taught him things he will be able to use for the rest of his career. How to fold your socks. How to make hospital corners on your rack.. Things like that.. Once he has his basic tranning done, If he made it Razz .. He will be on to technical training.. Where ever that might be.. My guess is that we will hear from him soon, if not even see him about swap meet time..
Check in when you can Jake.. Send pictures...
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Moose, I just graduated Basic Training yesterday and am on town pass right now with my family. It has been a long 8 1/2 weeks without fishing but well worth it in the end. It was rough to start with but it eventually got better. I graduate with all 4 ribbons that you could potentially earn including 1 of the 83 people out of the 803 Airmen that were in my graduating class that got Honor Graduate.

I ended up treating myself to a nice little shopping spree at the Academy Sports 5 minutes from the gate this morning. I bought a Shimano Chronarch E5 and approximately 30 H20 Express crankbaits for under $4 a piece. It felt good to have that bait monkey back on my leg again Laughing .

My tech school is in San Antonio as well so I will just be moving to the other side of the base. It looks like I will be home on my 10 days of leave around Mid-Late May. I already looked on the schedule and saw the blue Lake is scheduled around that time so hopefully I can be back for that and show you all that I haven't lost my magic touch lol.

My sister and my mom sent Pickle some pictures of me yesterday and I can probably get some more sent to him later on next week.

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jake!!! Maybe you will end up stationed down there and you can go fish Falcon and all the other great Tx lakes. Hope to see ya at Blue.
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on finishing up basic. What tech school did you get. What will your AFSC be? Good luck on your tech school and getting your next assignment. If you get stationed in ND, Colorado, I can help get your fishing connections in those places going.

AKA (LAST DRAW)
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Jake, good job. I'm thinking that with a finish like that, you should be able to tell them where you'd like to be stationed. Yea. try that. Get to Japan . I understand they sell Lucky Craft for a buck apiece there. I'd use Moose's name if ya have to, It might open a few doors for ya. Good luck and keep in touch.
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesavp wrote:
Congrats on finishing up basic. What tech school did you get. What will your AFSC be? Good luck on your tech school and getting your next assignment. If you get stationed in ND, Colorado, I can help get your fishing connections in those places going.
Thanks guys! I am staying at Lackland for Security Forces tech school. On my dream sheet, I have (in order) Malmstrom, Ellsworth SD, Scott IL, Oklahoma, Whiteman MO, McConnell KS, Colorado, and Grand Forks.

jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put Malstrom as number one, you will get it. I know exactly what you will be doing there too. Smile Great hunting and Big small mouth bass. Smile

AKA (LAST DRAW)
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished the mighty Mo up there great trout fishing also. Where were tje smallies at? I fished great falls 15yrs ago though, I was just 16 and I was into the trout fishing.
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesavp wrote:
If you put Malstrom as number one, you will get it. I know exactly what you will be doing there too. Smile Great hunting and Big small mouth bass. Smile
That is why I put it as my number 1 Smile I am guessing that the big smallmouth are in Lake Holter an hour or 2 south of Great Falls? I don't know if the Missouri River up there has any smallies in it.

jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M. River should have smallies. Ask the locals what part of it has the best pop of smallmouth. If I were you, fish the Chain of lakes like Holter, Hauser, and Helena. They all have bass and 1hr from ya. They connect to Canyon Ferry. The ABA fishes Noxon Rapids and another org fishes Fort Peck Res. Both of these are 5 hrs from you but offer big smallies. Join one of the organizations as a non boater and fish em. I lived in Minot ND and have had many friends living in the Great Falls area. Your first couple of years you will be in a dorm. I suggest getting a good Kayak when you can. I found that the small dams and ponds that have LM Bass and Trout stocked produce 5lb bass easy. The bass eat on the stocker trout and grow large despite the short warm season. Good luck. and If you get Minot ND I know a ton of guys that can get you going. The same job you will be doing in MT will be offered in ND. Missile Security. Smile

AKA (LAST DRAW)
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mighty mo is the king of small mouth fishing from sioux city north it is one of the best fisheries around
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out my first duty station last night. I will be getting stationed at the USAF Academy for my 1st base. Security forces should be fun there. Being a security guard at all of the sporting events. Sounds like fun!

James, anyway you could hook me up (pun intended) with some fishing connections Wink

jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. the club I was fishing with is the Denver Bassmasters. They are a really nice group of guys. You have Pueblo res south of you 1hr drive. It has smallies, spots and largemouth. Spots get pretty big and during the spawn you will catch tons. in denver you have some smaller res. like quincy and Aurora. I have caught 5lb smallies and largies in both of them. North of denver you have a ton of options. horsetooth, carter, lonetree just to name a few. You will want to join (fishexplorer.com) It is a colorado website that has info of every lake. Navajo is a lake on the border of colorado and new mexico. You will catch a lot of bass and in early spring you will have to fight off 30-45inch Northern pike left and right. Pueblo res will big your closest and biggest res. water is clearer so you will start to like tube baits, jerkbaits, dropshots and jigs. Join up with the denverbassmasters and fish pueblo from a boat. they fish pueblo res a ton. Get a Kayak or float tube+fins or even a small inflatable pontoon for Quincy. That lake is 3-5lb bass heaven. You will catch tons of big smallies and largies. I can mark a map for you and get you started. all the ponds in Denver have bass and there are a few around the springs you will find too. give me a call when the time gets closer.701-240-4667. facebook me too. I am friends on FB with nate so I will be easy to find.

AKA (LAST DRAW)
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for all of the info James! I will definitely look into everything you talked about. More than likely I will get in with the Denver Bassmasters. It sounds like a good club. I was looking on Google Maps last night and it looks like there are 3 small ponds on the Academy grounds. I odn't know if those are recreation use or not but I guess I will find out. I am really looking forward to going there. I have been to Denver and Colorado Springs for soccer tournaments and love the area.

I am lucky to have gotten the Academy. All but 4 of us (including me) on our team of 91 are going to Kirtland AFB New Mexico, or Idaho

LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey James, I was looking around a map and came across Rampart Reservoir. It's the closest resvoir to the Academy. Do you know if it has bass? I can tell that it has lots of trout, and big ones too.

I am excited to get down there and hit some of the lakes. They look like a blast to fish. I am hoping to get a boat sometime this summer to take out on those resvoirs. It won't be until later in the summer though so I am going to be confined to the bank for a little while. Are there any good shore fishing opportunities on the reservoirs, Pueblo and Aurora specifically?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> What is on your mind ? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: