SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

#6 - 2013 - Anita - 9/14/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james

if tony takes his boat he will need the official measuring stick
just an fyi
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that, John Salano has an extra board he is bringing. We talked about that at the meeting. Thanks for the reminder.

AKA (LAST DRAW)
Doorman1
Missouri !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillGSX wrote:
Another awesome point as to why people need to make forum names so people know who the hell they are!!

As for the whole FUBAR blast order; that is another reason that if you plan on fishing BE AT THE MEETING or CALL THE TD or PRESIDENT or SOME-DAMN-BODY.

Any members that want to take the TD duties for the rest of the year?

It will work out at the ramp; as it always does.

If you don't make the meeting or tell someone your plans about fishing the tournaments, why are you still a priority for filling a seat in a boat?

As a member I think we should be a lot more considerate to everyone else in the club, on what our plans are for each months tournaments

Looks bad to guests if we keep jacking them around on if they can or can't fish,.

This is just my opinion!
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doorman1 wrote:
WillGSX wrote:
Another awesome point as to why people need to make forum names so people know who the hell they are!!

As for the whole FUBAR blast order; that is another reason that if you plan on fishing BE AT THE MEETING or CALL THE TD or PRESIDENT or SOME-DAMN-BODY.

If you don't make the meeting or tell someone your plans about fishing the tournaments, why are you still a priority for filling a seat in a boat?

As a member I think we should be a lot more considerate to everyone else in the club, on what our plans are for each months tournaments

Looks bad to guests if we keep jacking them around on if they can or can't fish,.

This is just my opinion!

There are several problems that I see going on here and my posting this will not enter me into the Mr. Congeniality Award contest, but here goes:

1) When members don't come to meetings and/or make their intentions known about participating in tournaments it creates chaos.

2) When too many people get involved in trying to sort things out it creates chaos.

3) When those in charge don't take charge it leads to too many people getting involved and it creates chaos

4) Members (dues paid) should always take priority whether they were at the meeting or made their intentions known or not.

5) Guests (if they have a fishing license) are free to fish whenever or whereever they choose - but it should be understood that they are not participating in a club event.

6) "It will all work out at the ramp" sounds good, and may even work, but it leads to a loosey-goosey way of doing things that promotes chaos.

We need to openly discuss these things at a meeting and maybe revisit the rules for pairings and such.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - if you reserve a camp site in advance, you have to pay for two nights regardless of how long you stay + there is a $6 charge to reserve the site = $38. Nate and I have campsite #142 (wherever the hell that is) and there is room for up to six on site - right now we have three so we can handle a few more if you want to share the cost for the site.
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad master wrote:
Doorman1 wrote:
WillGSX wrote:

This is just my opinion!

There are several problems that I see going on here and my posting this will not enter me into the Mr. Congeniality Award contest, but here goes:

1) When members don't come to meetings and/or make their intentions known about participating in tournaments it creates chaos.

2) When too many people get involved in trying to sort things out it creates chaos.

3) When those in charge don't take charge it leads to too many people getting involved and it creates chaos

4) Members (dues paid) should always take priority whether they were at the meeting or made their intentions known or not.

5) Guests (if they have a fishing license) are free to fish whenever or whereever they choose - but it should be understood that they are not participating in a club event.

6) "It will all work out at the ramp" sounds good, and may even work, but it leads to a loosey-goosey way of doing things that promotes chaos.

We need to openly discuss these things at a meeting and maybe revisit the rules for pairings and such.

1. Absolutely agree
2. Absolutely agree
3. When I try to "take charge" and get my head bitten off because I'm going by the rules; I draw the line. I don't take that shit when I'm getting paid to do a job, I'm certainly not going to tolerate it for a volunteer position.
4. Bingo! Agreed 100%. So when someone is told their guest can't go because a member needs a boat; deal with it.
5. Yeah, I mean that's freedom right? Not sure how that affects this particular scenario, but again I agree.
6. Working out at the ramp is (in my case) ALWAYS used as an "homage" to Moose. Because in the end it does. And when I try to make corrections and get the responses highlighted in bullet point three; then I am more than happy to let it work out at the ramp. My fourth year as "TD" and I have never had a situation get out of control or get more infuriating than this and the responses and interactions I've had this season. Do I place that blame solely on other people? No. I've had rough work schedules and obligations which I will absolutely attend to before this. To that extent I'm sure I've been less than completely diplomatic with a member here and there regarding issues that have come up. It's life, gotta learn to take the rough water with the glass water.

I agree with the discussion needing to be had. I am heading to Marc's shortly and I believe there will be some large changes in store. I have more pressing issues which require my focus and are actually worth my stressing and red facing over.

Will
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of tourny dir, who is going to do it at Anita this sat? Will and Brandon are not gonna be there?

AKA (LAST DRAW)
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be the job of the Tournament Director to designate someone
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed will
I have been on the side of wanting pairnings and results posted sooner
I do agree it is a volunteer job and it does take a back seat to oher more important obligations
I have razzed you and I have been patient
Overall I hink you have done a good job
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all handled. Chill.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillGSX wrote:
It is all handled. Chill.

You are DA MAN
senkomaster
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Good day for al Reply with quote

It seemed to be a strange day. I thought a soft plastic would be a bait to use. It seemed my fished wanted a moving bait. Started at a brush pile that lead boats passed up. Nothing there bit. Moved to south of beach area nothing. Turn around fished it again, since I caught a couple there prefishing. Caught a 14 and partner had a blow up on a frog. I was using a chatter bait. Left went to south of dam area caught 14 1/2. Tried north of dam when another boat left that area caught. A 15 and partner got a couple hits. Tried rock pile nothing. Went towards a stump that thought might hold a fish caught another 14 on the way. At the stump caught 16 1/4. Add a few other fish here and there. Nothing on old road bed. All said fish seemed scattered. All caught on chatter bait.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.john salano sr. 15-14.5-15-17-15.....................845
2.alex nicley 14.75-14.5-19-13.5-14.5...........825
3.james francis 14.5-13.5-16.75-16-15.5...........815
4.al hovey 14.5-14-14.5-16.25-15..............725
5.nathan brown jr 16-14.5-14,5-14.5-14.5............700
6.jim collins 15-14-13.25-15.5-15...............700
7.george westphall 16-14.5-15-14.25-12.5............680
8.bill lemieux 14-16.75-13.25-14.25-13.75...645
9.marc hallert 13.5-13-16-12.5-14................585
10.john lile 15-14.5.................................285
11.dave utley 12-14.5-12.............................265
12.rob eckes 15.75.....................................175
13.brian martin 14.5.......................................125
14.steve lewis 13..........................................90
15.tony(guest) 0...........................................000

alex k big bass 19.0 = 65.00$

calcutta pay out
1..alex n 30.00$
2..james f 20.00$
3..al hovey 10.00$

Last edited by treehunter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't anderson go?
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Tree Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: