SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

#4 - 2013 - Three Mile - 7/20/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doorman1
Missouri !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treehunter wrote:
Doorman1 wrote:
Me and Steve are going sometime on Friday. Would like to go early so I can fish some. I want to make sure the winning fish are still where I left them last sat.

Have you talked with rob yet?

Yes he is going to meet us at the ramp sat morni g. He has a wife's birthday to go to Friday night.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After baking in the sun and battling the wind most of the day Friday andTtinking that we would be calling blast - Larry and I put together three alternative starting strategies for Saturday. When we found out Bill and Rocky were bringing up the rear, we did a quick rethink and when our number was called, Larry dropped the trolling motor and we started fishing the jetties at the ramp. Threw a buzz bait in the dark until we got to the grass and the bz bait got all tanlged up. Put away the bz bait and picked up a T-rig worm. We worked our way down to the re-tread cove east of the fishing dock and waited for Bill and Rocky to move out so we could move in. Threw along the bank with no reaction at all but could see fish topping out away from the bank. Threw into a gnarley brush pile and hit my first one. Started following the shore line south and worked into all the little coves clear to the back of each one. Began picking up one here, one there and the pattern seemed to be rocks, with wood close by, near deeper water. Had a limit of MO's by 7:30.

We headed down to the dam and nothing was happening. Worked our way down the west side of the dam, picked up one or two more that didn't cull. We headed into the cove on the west side of the dam clear to the back and began C-rigging the open area past the trees. Made a cast and on second lift, line starting pulling off the drag immediately and then the line snapped. The most violent hit I have ever had. When I reeled it in found that only the hook and lure was gone. Had to have been a Muskie.

With nothing else going on, we hit the dam again and then returned to the coves on the east bank that we had worked int he morning. Caught several fish deep in the brush piles but could never upgrade on the day.

If the cards were in order when I looked, I finished 6th (which ain't bad just comming off the disabled list). One of my best days ever on 3-Mile. Larry did a good job of getting us where we wanted to be. The weather was great and the fishing was even better. Good to be back in the swing again.
Doorman1
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Dave. Glad you were able to put it together in your first tourney back. I went north and fished in the trees. Caught a club then a couple casts later my big fish a 20 inch toad. Rob had several fish break off and finally put a nice one on the card. By 7:00 AM the fish stopped biting we moved afew times missed some bites and then we both finally added 1 more to our cards. Not a great day overall.

Congrats to James for the win and Bill for big fish. I need to get in the back of your boats to I can at least watch some of the masters fish.
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a tough day for me. Prefishing on Friday James and I found fish hanging on wood at the mouths of the coves and on points. If you went back in the coves then you weren't going to find anything or anything of any size. We also figured out that the fish wanted a smaller/lighter more finesse type jig with a high action trailer. I tried a bunch of different techniques with not much luck at all. Cranks, topwater, 10"worms, and even an Alabama Rig. I had a couple hits on the worm, 1 walleye on the crank, and 1 hit on the bama rig.

Come Saturday our starting spot was open. We tried the trees with nothing to show for it. We moved along and hit a point with some riprap and weeds on it. I was throwing a fluke and James was throwing his frog. Within 30min. James had 4 on the card and had the big one as well. I caught a short fish on my fluke and couldn't buy a bite on my frog. We found the smaller fish on the inside weed line while the big fish were in the middle of the mats. We adjusted our plan and started hitting points with riprap and weeds on them. We got to the next rip rap point and found that the weeds weren't there until around the point. I was throwing a spook and landed a club. We went to the cove by the boat ramp and I landed 1 missouri on one of my bluegill swimjigs. Went to our starting spot which was a deep bank with some trees and the channel swung right next to it. I was throwing a deep crank and hit a club as it bounced off of a brush pile. I caught my 4th and last fish on a point where the grass came out a ways and became more scattered on that swim jig. I should have had a limit but I had a solid fish come off right at the boat on my finesse jig in the wood.

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
senkomaster
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Got hold your mouth right Reply with quote

We finished an hour Friday night and was happy Saturday morning to get to start where I wanted. Fished the point of the cove throwing a buzz bait and partner jigging . Nothing happened, so moved on into cove. Ten minutes later last draw and his understudy pulled up on the point we just fished. We were almost startled when we heard omg it's Hugh it's Hugh. Well the tournament changed almost instantly as last draw seemed to pull in a 20 a 19 and 18. On the point we just fished. The cove proved not to produce just a couple of dinks. So the moral to this story is you got to have the right lure and the right grin on your face then just fish behind AL just not in the same boat.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being almost last blast I dropped tm at boat ramp with a slew of others all chucking buzz baits. I thought well if fish ar active they will hit one of the 8 buzz baits so I picked up a jig and hit a club rite away fised for a bit then moved to a spot with rock brush and shallow water next to deep got 1 In there moved along with nothing went across lake to deep under water brush and nothing moved back to ramp and got 1 moved back to second spot got 1 more moved to another spot in 12 feet of water pickd up 2 more
Moved to boat ramp cove and got 1 at each of my 2 spots after that I started hitting my five spots in a row and kept it up till 130 and ended up with 5 good fish
All my fish were stuck deep into the brush and had to cast repeatedly to get them to bite
One spot in the pile I would cast 10-12 times before picking another spot
It was a good day with one fish about every 30 minutes
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job Shad Master and welcome back to bassin. Glad to see you fishing and fishing strong. Congrats to Nate Jr and Will for there top 3 finishes. And Bill for Big Bass and 4th. Was a tough tourney despite the results.

On Friday we started fishing at 3pm. It was Hot and Hot! with the sun blazing on the first point we try by the dam I decide to throw my frog against better judgement and within 4 cast whamo! I get a missori. I said, wow they are hitting a frog right now! I joked about it to Jake and said my frog might have just got him the starting spot. After fishing the rest of the evening Jake and I boat 14 bass on the day in brush and some on rocks fishing the stuff Jake said above. My last fish caught was a 18 plus on a jewel 5/16 Eakins jig on the point we started Sat on. I threw a buzzbait that evening and didn't get a lick on it so I decided I am starting with the frog

Sat (tourney day) we hoped we would get our point. With next to last draw we lucked out and got the wood part to the point where the 18+ was caught. We had a feeling there were some big ones in the area. We fish the wood with no luck throwing frog, spooks, poppers and jigs. Jake and I decided to pick that point apart. As we come around to the rock part we boat a 15 and 14, in the middle of the point I get a 19. A few cast later a 17. We get around to point and see Brandon and Al in the cove. Then It happens, A pig comes through the mats to eat my frog, I stick her with both hooks and drag her to the boat, I see her head and say "Its Huge, Its Huge and Jake nets the 21in beast. I yell from being fired up. That's why I love bass fishing. The rest of the day we point hop and fish wood at mouths of coves . Later that day I cull a 14 for a 18+ with a frog and add 16.5 with my jewel Eakins jig.

AKA (LAST DRAW)

Last edited by jamesavp on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James - what was it about that point that first got your attention?
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reports, Thanks for sharing. Dave told our story, it was a blast to be out there.
Learned a bunch about fishing wood, and brush. Now I gotta add persistance, and maybe I'll have something Confused
Congratulations to the guys that figured it out, and letting us know what ya did. Very Happy
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John and I started in the cove closest to the dam on the right side, I was throwing a buzzbait and John was trowing a Chatterbait. I picked up a couple card fish nothing big on the north bank of that cove. We worked it quick John picked up a couple, I ended up only catching 4 small fish on buzzbait. Then we crossed the lake to the other cove and I switched up to a B/B jig and instantly picked up a 16.75. John picked up a couple jig fish there also, he caught a few on plastics too. We mainly found our fish on wood in 8-10' FOW. We left there and went back over to other cove and picked up a couple but not much going on so we left and went back over to the cove on the east side, we were pitching in a big ole tree and John stuck an 18.25" then about ten cast later I was bringing my jig over a branch and that is when all H*LL broke loose. 21.25'er in the boat and on the card. I only had two Miss on my card and only caught 8 fish all day but I woulda been just happy with the 21.25" all day long.. That was the biggest fish to date that I have carded in a tournament. All in all it was a great day on the water.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds lile the key was jig in brush
Besides james of course...always the odd ball
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A jig or a worm
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results on page 1 if you haven't figured that out yet..
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, The biggest thing that made me fish that point was catching a 18.5in bass on it friday. It was also close to the ramp and easy ride to start fishing. We decided to really pick that point apart instead of running a milkrun pattern in the morning.

(corrected! thanks Blaze) Smile

AKA (LAST DRAW)

Last edited by jamesavp on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave not al Shocked Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: