SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

#2 - 2013 - Brown's Lake - 5/18/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will probably be about 16 $
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah around that price. Can't confirm because they aren't in the online registration system.
Sr.
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!!! I caught a fish!!!!! Shocked
Doorman1
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr. wrote:
Finally!!!! I caught a fish!!!!! Shocked

Me too!
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a day on the water! That had to have been one of the best tournaments the club has had. It was easily the best day on the water I have ever had! This has been a great weekend and I do not know how it could have been any better.

Marc and I started right at the boat ramp and fished our way back into the cove to the left of the boat ramp. I started out with a buzzbait with no takers. We got to the beaver dam after Dave had picked it apart with a ring fry. I threw in there with a chatterbait and pulled a 15" out of it. We worked out way around the reeds just fan casting hoping to pick up a fish. We finally got to the flat across from the boat ramp and I put the hammer on them. I caught a 13 1/2" on a gold sexy shad Red Eye Shad and a couple casts later I hooked up with the 20.5" and got it in the net. I picked up a black buzzbait and immediately hooked up with a 13 1/2" again. 10 minutes go by and all of a sudden the 19 1/2" rolls on it. She got me wrapped around some thick lily pad stems but luckily I had 40lb braid on and was able to work her out. I put down the buzzbait after a couple more minutes and picked up a bluegill chatterbait. I had the 17 3/4" swallow it. By this time it was maybe 7:30 and I was feeling pretty good Very Happy and was comfortable with my limit. I decided that after that fish I was going to tie on a big 4 1/2" bluegill swimbait and stick with the the rest of the day in hopes of getting just 1-2 more bites. 5th cast with it I get nailed by the 18". I thought it was going to come off at the boat because I saw it only had 1 hook that was barely in. It jumped and luckily got 3 other hooks in its gill plate. We worked our way back to the beaver dam and I had one that was probably 15-17" come off on the swimbait. We stayed on the flat till about 10:30 and Marc picked up a couple smaller fish. We went to the deep bank and fished the brush with nothing to show for it. I had a 13-14" fish hit a double wide beaver but jumped in the brush and got me hung up as he came off. We went back to the flat and Marc had caught a couple more fish and I hadn't had another hit on that swimbait. When I picked up a 17" on a black/blue swimjig. I picked back up the swimbait and had a 14" on it that came off at the boat. That was it for the day. Only had about 12 hits and capitalized on all but 3 but only 1 would have helped me at the time so I am perfectly fine with that.

Congrats to Dave and James on 3rd and 2nd!!!

Here are some pics of the fish that were caught:
17 3/4"
[img][/img]

20.5" 5.1lbs
[img][/img]

19 .5"
[/img][img][/img]

https://www.livingstonlures.com/

Last edited by LilJakeC on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason my computer monitor won't show the edit post button..... Here is the big swimbait I was throwing. It wore me out chunking and winding that thing all day. My wrists were killing me afterwards but it was worth it for that 18" fish

[img][/img]

Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jake. Great report. I started out with 3 missouri's(all out of the wood) and thought the day was going to be a real special deal. Then, I booted two Mo's at the boat and had one come un-pinned at the boat Confused , but me and Steve had a great time. He was pounding them all day with a Black spinnerbait. Just so ya know I was in the process of tying on a Lipless bait when I magically stuck a hook (pass the bend) into my finger Shocked Shocked and had to cut one of the hooks off, off of treble to get it out. That will make a guy rethink his next move Exclamation
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow.. Good job Jake.. So was your 20.5 also the big fish on the day?
How many points on your card?
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigroostertail wrote:
Holy cow.. Good job Jake.. So was your 20.5 also the big fish on the day?
How many points on your card?

Yes it was big bass of the day. I finished with 1640 points on the day. I am curious to see the results posted and how many other big fish were caught.

Last edited by LilJakeC on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris and I caught 3 over 18". 5 over 17" and around 15fish over 16". It was a great day of fishing. Can't complain about boating 40+ fish in a tourny.

Most of the fish were caught on a green gourd 5/16 Eakins jig with craw trailer. Even gave one to chris and he started thumping bass on them.

Congrats again Jake, nicely done.

AKA (LAST DRAW)

Last edited by jamesavp on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about my last post with it not making any sense. My phone likes to add in some words on its own lol

Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Jake. It's a good thing we put your vote in for BROWN insted of Blue Cool
Doorman1
Missouri !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't boat a lot of fish but the ones we caught were nice, Dave had a 19 1/2 and a 18. I had a 18.5 and a 17 plus 3 16.5's. Dave. Has created another ring fry convert. I also learned that the hook you use makes a big difference. Changed from a cheap BPS worm hook to one Dave gave me and my hook ups more then doubled. Being a non-boater for the first time was a great learning experience. I can not thank Dave enough for what he taught me on sat.
Sr.
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something ..... where is the tally. I can't find the results anywhere ?

I caught several fish. Maybe 12 - 13 all together . I lost 7 so maybe i'm getting that mixed up with the caught numbers. It seemed like everything i threw would get hooked on some fish. However, it all stopped for me around 9:30 or 10:00.

I had a few bites after that but few is the keyword.. I wonder what i was doing that didn't attract them after 10:00.

Losing 7 fish is not a good thing though. It was not like i didn't set the hook but i would set the hook and they would swim around with the bait a while playing with me and then let go.

thanks,
Nate
Sr.
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAKE:
It's a good thing we catch measure and throw back. If we caught put in the live well then weighed you wouldn't have made it to weigh in for sinking the boat with all them bigguns.

Shocked
Thanks,
Nate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: