SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Season opener 2012, Banner Creek KS 4/28/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I catch any that are over twelve and under 18" I will just have to find a boat close by to record it. Seeing that Chris Kibbon is not going Bob will need a boat correct.
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is correct Bill
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there at the hotel friday afternoon. Maybe fish a little before the weather takes a shit.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll kick things off. We arrived at the lake at about 3:00 to find white caps and a 25-30 mph wind. After surveying the camp option and Anderson's offer to share his motel room, we decided to throw the boat in and test the water a little. Drove around to the boat ramp on the south side of the lake and headed over to "Solano Cove". Worked our way back and really didn't see much aciton. As we were comming out, John began to find fish out at the mouth of the cove. We worked our way west and into the next cove. Along the way we passed a little cut with shallow water and just a sandy bank - while passing by I managed to get a bite (unexpectedly) and didn't get hooked up - an important point for later on. We worked our way over to the next cove with the wing dyke heading into the long wooded cove. I had trouble holding the boat out on the wing dyke so we headed into the cove - no takers and the thunder started rolling - eventually turned to lightening and we got out of there as the rain began to fall. After debating the situation, decided to hook up with Anderson and spend the night in the motel.

With no game plan and second to last blast, we idled over to the cove just east of the boat ramp and started throwing buzz baits. My third cast produced a 19" in 0' of water. Fish were topping and so we kep working the boat ramp area (both sides) and I managed to pull in a couple more. Since no one was on the dam, we headed that way and put in just north fo the spillway and started working our way south. John had a couple of bites as we made the pass but they were pretty scattered. As we hit the end of the dam, the wind pushed us into the little flat cover at the south end - we wanted to work our way west toward "Solano Cove" but kept throwing as I cut across the mouth of the cove. Through out in the middle where there was no depth, no structure and no cover - felt some weight and sat the hook - if felt like I had just snagged a Chevy Pick-up - started reeling and line was stripping off the reel like crazy - saw my line start to move and the fish headed straight for the boat shaking her head like crazy - I hollered at John to get the net, but he couldn't figure out how to unwap it and finally lipped the sow. A 22.5"er Shocked

It took several minutes for all three of us (me, John and the fish) to calm down - got some picutres and tried to start fishing again. Finally worked our way into the cove and went all the way to the back. We both started picking up some solid fish and stayed there for quite a while. Eventually we headed down the lake and saw several boats in the long wooded cove so we headed on down to the campground cove. Didn't get anything there and decided to head back down to the dam - as we drifted to the south end again John shattered by dreams of Big Bass (by a 1/2" I might add) - more pictures - and we headed back into the cove where we had caught fish earlier. Worked that over for quite a while and decided to make another try at the dam. We spent the rest of the day alternating between the cove and the dam and caught fish on both locations only managing to upgrade a little each time.

Ended the day with a big grin (would have been bigger except for John's 23"er). On the whole my best tournament ever and my PB for the 22.5". Made for a short ride home. Congrats to John and Nathan and everybody actually (no blanks on the day is a great tournament - 6 20"+ fish on the day is even better).

One of the keys on the day was, whenever possible, to let the wind drift the boat up against a tree or stump and make repeated casts into an area of the cove. At one point, John and I counted bout 20 casts between us over a log until the fish finally bit. If we had been moving around we never would have gotten the fish we did catch. As far as the dam goes, it was putting the bait right on the rock (almost on the dry part). Except for the buzz bait fish, all the others came on plastics and jigs.
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job fellas! correct me if I am wrong but I talked to anderson and he told me it was all about plastic and jigs , It looks like it was one of those days that if your preference is to soak it awhile you probably were going to catch bigger fish, unlike like last week at the nut where I don't think plastic or jigs were really gettin it unless you really, really soaked it! they seemed like they wanted something movin , that is what makes this such a fun sport , everyday is an adventure Smile

mark
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much time did you spend throwing plastics or jigs last Saturday? I know the final tally was pretty much moving baits, but there were fish buried up in the weeds waiting on somthing to chow down on if you were willing to get it there. The "nut" (as you call it) will never be a one pattern lake. There are too many different types of cover/structure for there be just one way to catch 'em.

At Banner, it is all about the wood and rocks - although my biggun came from an area where there was neither, but wood and rocks were close by.
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right there seldom are one pattern days but there are days it seems like one presentation will hold trump and sometimes by a large margin, that day at the "nut" it was somethin movin crankbait chatterbait something, I think I threw plastics/jig about 30% of the time , Bob about 70% of the time and in the same areas I caught most of my fish that day, and caught diddle , like i said that is what makes it so much fun!!!
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banner Creek was a great lake, I hope we do it again next year. I got in town about 12:30 on Friday wind was howling a steady 25Mph with gusts up to 30-35 I would say. I was a little unsure about putting my boat in my self as windy as it was, so I headed back to the hotel took a quick cat nap. woke up and it seamed to be blowing harder, I said what the hell just put the boat in and go. I headed over by the south side boat ramp just to the west there is a rock fishing pier first cast on that with a black and blue jig I yarded up a 21 1/2"er I said well I know where I am going first thing in the morning. Left there and headed to the dam caught a few more nice ones over 18". So about that time I said I am done. Now it's Saturday morning and I have no back seat guy that's fine BUT you have to follow lake rules. And those rules are you can only keep TWO 18" and bigger in your livewell at one time. And on that note what was the first fish I catch 17.5" looked around and no other boater close by well what do you do you throw it back and about a dozen of those kind of fish later (that I had to throw back) I hooked into a nice 20"er on crankbait in about 3.5' of water Yay I get to put one in the livewell. And all the rest of my fish came on crankbait around brush. I finished the day out with a 20" 19" 16" 14" 13" I guess not to bad going in as the underdog with no back seat guy. Thanks to the guys that measured my fish and signed my card.
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get results up today at first opportunity fellas. It was great fishing, but they charged us $50 for the tournament, and at LEAST $19 per camper...I'd almost rather do Mozingo...closer and costs would balance in the end.
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the results:

Blasted at 6:45 sharp, back in and done at 2:45. Wind from the North at 10-15 most of the day, water around the mid 60's. Cloud cover early gave way to some sun in the afternoon.

Finish Standings:

1. John Solano - 17.5, 17, 23, 15.5, 17.5 - 1605 pts
2. Nate Jr. - 17.5, 17.5, 21, 17, 18 - 1560 pts - edited for Pickle's awesome math skills Razz
3. Dave Utley - 19, 22.5, 14, 17, 16.5 - 1535 pts
4. Dave Anderson - 17.25, 17.25, 17.5, 19.125, 20 - 1520 pts
5. Jim Collins - 19.5, 19, 17, 18, 17.25 - 1505 pts
6. Will Campbell - 18, 17.75, 16.5, 17, 19.5 - 1395 pts
7. Bill Lemieux - 16, 20, 13, 14, 19.125 - 1180 pts
8. Nate Sr - 14.125, 18.25, 19, 17.25, 15.5 - 1170 pts
9. George Westphal - 17.5, 17.5, 15.25, 15.5, 12.5 - 945 pts
10. Marc Hallaert - 18, 12, 17.5, 13, 16.5 - 930 pts
11. Brian Martin - 14, 14, 17.5, 20 - 920 pts
12. Doug Stuva - 17.75, 16.25, 13 - 555 pts
13. Brandon Herman - 18.5, 12 - 390 pts

Payouts:
Stringer
1. Nate Jr - $25
2. Dave Utley - $15
3. Jim Collins - $5

Big Bass
John Solano - 23" - $50

***These numbers are unofficial until I recheck and add all cards, official results will be given tomorrow at the meeting.***
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillGSX wrote:
I will get results up today at first opportunity fellas. It was great fishing, but they charged us $50 for the tournament, and at LEAST $19 per camper...I'd almost rather do Mozingo...closer and costs would balance in the end.

I think we need to talk about this at the meeting.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Nate Jr. - 17.5, 17.5, 21, 17, 18 - 1560 pts - edited for Pickle's awesome math skills

sad to say but i edited them from brandon's awesome math skills
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys hunt around on your cell phone you might find that there is a calculator in the tool section Rolling Eyes
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote to fish this lake and maybe even pery lake just another 20 miles down the road and it is like a 15,000 acre lake another good one
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to push for the big water for tourny fishing Pickle, I got the response from a few that the lakes were "Too big" for Perry and Milford. Both awesome lakes. I plan a weekender down there sometime this year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: