SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Mozingo, Marysville MO 5/22/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I will get that updated in the records for you. Jake, we were perfectly fine, never actually in a tornado warning as the cells that passed through our area became outflow dominant and weakened significantly. All the tornado warned cells remained to the south of Maryville and Mozingo. Plenty of rain though!
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Jim, Dave and Ben for their top three finishs.
BMilliken
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moose. It was a tough tournament for us. We started fishing shallow Saturday afternoon and they were eating everything. Caught the majority of our fish on buzzbaits, wakebaits, and beavers. We fished all the way back in one major creek, and caught 12 or so fish from 15-17 inches. We went to the next creek down the lake, started halfway back, and we started catching more so we started shaking off bites and didn't move all the way back-decided to leave those fish for sunday. For the last half hour before we had to pack it up, we decided to set on some fish and hit some smaller creeks that we didn't care to hit during the tournament. I caught a 19, and we both caught several more 15-17's. With a shallow water plan in mind, we bogged down for the storm and went to bed.

Sunday we started in the biggest spawning creek on the lake, working a shoreline we had success on, all the way to the back. We had one bite, a 10 incher, and knew that the storm wrecked the shallow bite. So we went to a smaller protected cut lower down the lake with some clearer water, and I filled my card up with 13-15 inch fish, and kyle could only connect on one. Then we headed to the dam (thinking clearer water might be the ticket) and worked it with 2 different color megabass jerkbaits. We ended up with 5 really nice fish, but unfortunately those were crappie. We headed to the protected west side of the lake to another larger cove, and I found what ended up being my pattern which was isolated trees just off the first dropoff in 6-14 FOW, when I stuck a 16, then an 18 from a different tree. I was using my favorite color jig (Jake knows of this lure) with a jig trailer that I'd like to think was part of the difference in me catching 10 keepers and kyle catching one. We worked our way back into one of my favorite coves that has a flooded farm pond, and I caught another 15 on a jig. On the way out, kyle stuck a good fish in the 4-5 pound range, but while fighting the fish, his idiot net man was hit in the face by Kyle's rod, and the slack set the fish free. The next tree down, I set the hook into a very solid fish that wrapped me up immediately and lost the jig and all. After that, there was about a 2 hour lull in the afternoon. That was until I flipped my jig into a tree in about 20 feet of water in the cove to the left of the dam, and a big fish took it. I fought it hard all the way to keep it out of the tree, and at the last minute, the fish decided to come with my momentum and jumped completely out of the water and threw my jig. Very disheartening to see the 4-5 pound winning fish 2 feet in front of my boat in plain day...wish I never would have seen the d*** thing! But thats fishing. I had a great time as always at Mozingo!
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My net man and I had fair sucess on Saturday after noon also working trees and road beds. The shallow bank area covered with weed not so much.. Sunday we started in a calm bay on the West side, fished it with Buzz baits and flippin a tube and jig.. Was like a dead sea... We pulled out to fish a rock point in the mouth of that bay with crank baits and a Carolina rig.. Had one bite that got off out there on the rig... Wind had started to blow some. We went to the colf course arm, fished a chatter bait over the weed, nothing hit other then the weeds... We went to the Cut North of the old boat ramp and with the West wind blowing good clip had the tub hung up on deadheads back in there several times and got frustrated with that. Took out Carolina rig up on the road beds, pulled it thru some good stuff there but all we could get was some nice Crappie bumping it when I would lift it from the water.. With the new Humminbird hummin.. We went out to a deep brush pile off of the channel.. Side image found it, we marked it with a couple bouys, and by the end of the day was able to scratch out a limit from that spot.. 1 16 and 4 clubs was what I was able to trick... Days end I was happy as heck to have those..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: