SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Three Mile, September 25, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now shad... I was still a month before my move back in the 12 mile snow storm... The one we showed up late to because we had to do 30mph on hwy 34 for about an hour! oh well, the other fellers weren't in a real hurry to put the boats into the ice.

No problem fellas, I saw mark open on the lineup list and thought I'd give it a try. Let me know if anyone opens up and I'll try to run up there for the weekend. If not, we'll do it next time. In the meantime, I'll continue to concentrate on Lake of the Ozarks. Have 4 more tournaments there in the next 5 weeks! Sux for me:)
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaptain,What are the tournaments like down there? Are there different types (of tournaments)that your involved in? How are you doing in them. Is the water stained and muddy, like up here? Or are you dealing with mostly clear (clearer) water? What's the "HOT" lure used down there? How bout dem Huskers?
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anybody needs a ride up i am leaving friday at 6:30 pm and have an open window seat..... if ya need let me know
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Dollen wanted me to post that he is going up fri. AM and could use a little companionship Laughing

mark
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers = # fish, # Missouri's, Largest (MO), Fish point, Finish points.

1. List, Mark 5, 4, 20, 1100, 100,
2. Collins, Jim 5, 4, 19.5, 1020, 95,
3. Brown, Nathan JR 5, 5, 17, 1015, 90
4. Anderson, Dave 5, 2, 18.5, 915, 85,
5. Moose, Randy 5, 2, 18.25, 810, 80,
6. Nisley, Alex 5, 2, 15.5, 690, 75,
7. Kibbon, Chris 5, 1, 15, 605, 70,
8. Brown, Nate 5, 1, 15.5, 505, 65,
9. Moore, Jon 4, 0, 380, 60,
10. Collins, Bill 2, 0, 250, 55,
(G) Campbell, Will 3, 0, 240, 0,
11. Podkovich, Larry 2, 0, 205, 50,
12. Utley, Dave 1, 1, 15.5, 175, 45,
13. Van, Robby 1, 0, 90, 40,
(G)Martin, Brian 1, 0, 70, 0,
14. VonDollen, Bob 0, 0, 0, 10,

Anglers, 16
Fish carded, 54
Missouri's, 22
41% Missouri's
Linits, 8
Blanks, 1
Big Fish, 20"

Last edited by Bigroostertail on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who came out to fish. Congrats to Basscatter for his first place win. I guess launching first rather the last does not hurt ...
Good Job Mark. Now is time for the story...
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Mark! Congrats to Jim and Nate, Jr.!
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Mark blast 1st? I thought we had a "Not higher then 7th" regulation in place?
Congradulations Mark. Good job on a nasty day. Good job by Jim and Nate also. I can't wait to hear the stories.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the day started not so good. not being able to sleep for more then 15 min.all night due to shivering and no more wood at the fire i just got up and milled around and tried to be as quiet as i could ( 3 am ) it started to rain about 4 am. made my way down to the ramp and hung out some more

blast at 7 and i went north into the cove on the west (where i caught a fish or 2 on wednesday )started on the north bank and hit my 17 on the first cast
3rd cast hit a 16 5th cast hit a 16. so i figured it was already a good day . all fish were off the bank on wood in about 8 feet of water the fish were eating the bait at about 2 feet of water was throwing a weightless ring fry and letting it sink the fish ate it a about the 2 second count down.
i kept fishing back in the cove and hit a 12.5 off the dam back there and then a 15 witch then gave me my card by 8 am fished the south bank on the cove and notin went back to the north bank and upgraded my 12.5 with a 16

it was 11 by then and robby wanted to go to the dam so we were on are way out when i looked down the lake to the south and seen a wall of heavy rain so i said lets fish the boat ramp and let the rain pass he said good idea, that's what we did and was there maybe 5 min .when a bolt of lightening hit the north bank across the boat ramps so we tied up and went to the shelter for 1/2 hour with dad, dave a , dave u, and jim collins

went back out fished the boat ramp cove for a bit and caught a few there but didn't upgrade till i went into an arm on the south bank and all the way back into it as far as i could get the boat in. i could here water pouring into the lake there but couldn't see it coming in so knowing that water was moving back there i threw a ring fry on top of the mat at a cast of about 25 yards this 15.5 hit as soon as it hit the water set the hook and surprisingly got it all the way back to the boat with about 20 pounds of grass

left there and went to the dam and notin hit some fish on the flat on the west end of the dam but notin to upgrade with went back to where we started and caught a few more but still noting to upgrade with and then it was the end of the day .

robby hit his fish on a black blue jig in the trees on the east side of the island where we started at about 8 am

good job mark and jim on the big fish wish i could have done that too Laughing Laughing
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx all for your kind words, Me and Brian hooked up and hit the lake about 2:00 on fri. just noisin around tryin to scare one up. Well we caught some shorts here and there but nothin that made me feel good about those areas. I already knew I was going to a spot up north sat morn, so we stopped there fri and i hit a quick 2 and which only made me feel better about our chances there in the morn , so we left and headed to camp where I enjoyed a roaring fire with a strange bluish hue to it, I just dismissed it to hallucinations from the pain meds i was taking for my back. Smile Anyway hit the water sat morn and waited for blast and when #1 was called I looked around in utter disbelief , I choked back the tears and cried" I'm Free" and headed north to the split my joy quickly turned to shock as I turned around and Anderson was right on my tail, bird doggin me like the wicked witch of the east Wink he was tryin to get me to speed up and dump my LU on one of the hundred stumps I couldn't see, I could see the evil sneer on his face but I was not going to be part of his evil plan! We get up to the split and we started fishin the south bank throwin buzzbaits and chatterbaits with no takers I pull out the old ring fry and started hitting the wood like Nate was doing but my bite was slower there you had to give em a chance to make up their mind. I caught my card there by about 8:30 or so and continued to get bit breaking off about 3 or so meanwhile Bryan was throwin everything but the kitchen sink with nary a hit, I felt I could catch some more there but Bryan was frustrated and I wanted to get him on some diff water to change up his luck so we left from there and headed south hitting most of the levees on the way back I hit a fish every now and then but nothin to help and finally Bryan hooks up gets about a 13 to the boat and I am thinkin"YES" until he slips out of his hand hits the deck and flops in the water, this after 5hrs of nothin. I really felt for him so we get to the ramp cove and he sticks his first fish , yahoo , he says lets go south toward the damn and pull into the cove on the west side of the damn Where I too heard that running water fished it heavy with nothin to show for it and as they say that was that. All in all a good day on the water [minus the wind cold RAIN lightning and dark of night]

Sincerely your friend forever
marko
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and I fished on Friday in the gale force winds. Jim had a line on a particular spot up north that he wanted to get locked on his GPS so we started there - found the spot, marked it, he made one cast and hit a keeper sized bass. We left there and started working the bank on the left arm of the split. Jim was throwing a chatter bait and I was throwing everything that wasn't nailed down. He would pick up one here and one there. Water was not as muddy as we had expected. Came back down the bank and made the turn - I noticed a cut back in the corner and asked him about it - he said was pretty shallow but we might as well look it over - as we were heading into the cut, Jim picked up an 18.5" with 6 fett of line out. Why was he there? Ran down to the south end - hit the coves on both sides of the dam. Jim had one hit swimming a jig, but that was it. Started working the coves back up toward the north and Jim would pick up one here and one there. At the end of the day we didn't have a clue.

Saturday morning, headed back to the spot to start. Gave it about 45 min, nothing. Ran over the bank (left hand split) and started working our way down - ran into DA and Brown, Sr. - by this time, Jim had a couple on the card (all chatter bait) - we passed DA/Brown, Sr. and kept working our way along the bank and the islands - pulled into a spot where there was brush everywhere and Jim threw around a brush pile into another one and the whole thing errupted - I was holding the net and Jim was trying to manuver the boat to the fish -finally got into into clear water and saw the fish swim out of the brush - Jim was working him to the boat when he swirled (I thought carp, Jim thought catfish) - turned out to be a 19.5" bass (sucker was so fat I couldn't get both hands around him). Worked on down the bank to another spot with lots of brush/logs/laydowns - we let the wind blow us in and worked the area over pretty heavy - as we were comming out, I threw to a brush pile on one side of a tree and Jim threw to one on the other side. We both saw our line move, but when we swung there was nothing. I threw back and saw my line move again and pulled out my keeper - BB jig.

About that time, Jim's trolling motor quit on him and we decided to put it on the trailer to see if we could fix it - about that time the storm blew in - found Pckle/Robby and DA/Brown, Sr. at the dockside cabin - borrowed some tools and finally got the TM fixed. Headed back up north but got nothing - came back down and made a move into the cut from yesterday - Jim picked up another one there - worked our way up toward the silt dam - Jim picked up one more to finish his limit and then culled one on the way. Headed over to the east bank and fished our way down 'til time to head in - at the end, Jim picked up about a 26" muskie on his Chatter Bait - wanted me to lip it for him Confused

All Jim's fish came on a chatter bait (black/blue) - he also managed to snag every piece of wood in the lake with it, but managed to get it back eery time - Wow! I tried to get him to buy a lottery ticket on the way home.

Last edited by shad master on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now what about randy????
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell i can do that
they first went to the islands and threw a watermelon green baby ring fry with a 1/8 ounce weight
that pretty much somes it up
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey "Marko" could you back it down a notch? Your scaring the locals Shocked
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's move this along - I'm anxious to hear the Bill Collins story
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: