SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Lake Okoboji June 5, 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Lake Okoboji June 5, 2010 Reply with quote

Always a good time. What should we do chicken or steak?
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished smoking up 20# of pork loin for dinner Friday night. Pickle is coming by tomorrow morning to slice it all up.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder: Special meeting date for Okoboji tournament.. Next meeting is Tuesday 5/25 to get ready for our June 5 tournament. If your intending to fish but can not make the meeting let Scott or someone know so we get you into the draw..
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Okoboji 6/5/10 Reply with quote

Tournament detail.
Club cabins are located at: Camp Okoboji, 1531 Edgewood Drive. Milford IA. We have two cabins reserved. Immanuel and Meyer. Check in is 4 pm Thursday with check out being at noon Sunday. We are to do our own house keeping. I have 16 staying Rent = $48.75 each. The Club will provide food Friday evening.

Saturday 6/5/10. Launch from Emerson Bay ramp. Trailering to other ramps is allowed.
Hours: 6am to 2 pm. No pass for first 30 minutes . No wake is waived.
Non-boater fee is $47.00.
Boat #
1. Brown, jr & Nisley.
2. Anderson & Van
3. Hovey & Vodicka
4. Collins,B & Martin
5. Utley & Podkovich
6. Moose & Westphall
7. Haneline & Haneline
8. Toms & Brown SR
9. Kibbon & Solano

That's it for now. Anyone need transportation etc let me know and we will work it out.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Dispatch Reply with quote

Here is what I know so far.
Leaving Omaha at:
Haneline and Hanline out of here Wednesday.
Anderson and van early Thursday am.
Utley and Pipe early Thursday am.
Brown JR and Nisley early Thursday am.
Hovey, Thursday sometime.. May have an open seat?
Toms and Brown SR mid morning Thursday
Moose and Westphall mid morning Thursday.
Collins and Martin as close to noon Thursday as they can.
Kibbon and Solano ??
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Fishing report. Reply with quote

SM are hard on spawn. Last week Sunday winning sack 20 + lb was all SM from bed. LM are moving into canals.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Solano an Mr Kibbon will be departing North at 05:30 Shocked On thursday morning.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they decided to sleep in - huh?
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it in the books! As allways it was a good time to be able to go fish with you guys. We had 9 boats and 18 guys show up. With everyone up and on the water early we launched at 5:35 ish and fished until 2 pm.
At the end of the day we had 16 limits turned in. Only one card included all Missouri's. Big fish of trhe day was an 18.5" large mouth. Of the 85 fish scored 39 were Missouri's or 46%.
1. 1305 points.George Westphall had the limit of Missouri's and the big fish on the day.
2. 955 points, Moose
3. 875 points, Utley
4. 855 points, Podkovich
5. 835 points, Nisley
6. 810 points, Solano
6. 810 points, Brown Jr
8. 760 points, Anderson
9. 700 points, Van
10. 650 points, Collins B
11. 635 points, Toms
12. 630 points, Brown SR
13. 625 points, Kibbon
14. 535 points, Hovey
15. 355 points, Vodicka
16. 205 points, Haneline M.
(G) 645 points, Haneline D.
(G) 590 points, Martin Brian.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad and I headed straight for Turtle lake and committed to fishing in the cotton untill we had 2 fish each and then headed to the canals to finish the card. Shad caught fish all day, everyday, and that includes Saturday.
I was lucky to fill the card.
Hit a 40plus Musky in upper gar on Friday, fought for a wile an he spit it out.
One of the best Boji trips for me. Can't wait for the next one. Very Happy
Great job with the dinner Rooster. Thanks for all the work you did to get it done.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried writing this up earlier but I exceeded the limits of my computer and so I will try to present a Reader's Digest version.

Pipe and I had a game plan when we left town but decided to check out some other areas just to eliminate water. In the process, we discovered that the most aggressive bass were in Turtle Lake and the Miller Canals - this had not been our game plan. After scouting around for two days, we decided to start in Turtle Lake - pick up a couple of fish each and then head into the canals. By the time we reached the canals we both had limits - I managed to cull up as the day went on. We finally worked our way out to the main lake and worked the bank area down to little Emerson and back toward the ramp at the end of the day. We were both surprised to finish as high as we did.

The key in Turtle was throwing frogs at the swirls out in the channel. The key in the canals was black/blue laminate and green pumpkin Senkos.

One of the interesting side stories is the Musky that Pipe hooked into on Friday - I heard him say "I got him" and then heard a splash that I thought for sure was Larry falling into the lake - I looked back quicly enough to catch a glimps of the monster as he pulled off. Don't let your kids go swimming in Upper Gar!!!

Great time - great friends - great food - great fishing! What say we do it again some time Wink
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told him if he planned on brining something like that in the boat it would mean one of us would have to get out 'cause there wasn't room for all three of us.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Boji. Reply with quote

Thursday prefish found some fish in canals. Also found a few SM under docks on West Lake. Biggest was 18". Friday went back at West Lake docks with nothing to show. We went to a weed flat in Minni and had some luck fishing frogs etc. We had enough action to warrent as a possiable start spot come Saturday. Saturday we were boat #6. With the cloud cover we had Saturday we decided to try a weed bed in Smiths Bay on the way to Minni to start. As It worked out we found a good school of fish. My net man had a limit of Missouri's by 6:30 am. I had four with two Missouri's. We went on to the weed flat and again had some sucess with frogs and ring fries. George was able to add a couple more MO'S. We hit the weed bed in Smiths Bay again on the way back west before weigh in and we were both able to upgrade a couple fish.. On the day George had 11 Missouri's I had three. we fished the same bait in the same water.. He was on fire. What I learned from it was I was fishing to fast. Cast, sink, twitch twitch and crank it back to cast again.. George would light a smoke, cast, sit down with his elbows resting on his knees and wait. Looking back I would say that I made three casts too everyone of his.. I was thinking that my bait was getting lost in the weeds and that I needed to work it.. George would just park it and the fish would find it and try to swim off with it..
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is George's style of fishing some days that pays off and some it doesn't there are others in the club that fish at that speed and i think they also did well, part of me is glad I could not make it as that style just does not fit me at all, it probably would have been a long day for me Laughing
btw congrats to george moose and dave, well done!

mark
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: