SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Brown Lake April 17, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John must have heard about Tree's greasy palm....Enough to scare the most die hard angler into staying home.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Anderson called said he has a non-boater to fish with Chris.. So we are all good to go again.. I think rain gear would be a good idea.. Fuzzy socks couldn't hurt either..
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad news is Weather Channel is predicting winds of 4-5 mph -----which is what they predicted last week!!!!!

It could get down right choppy out there. Confused

Last edited by shad master on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying that 'Walnut' was a perfect practrice for 'Browns'. Man we are lucky to have you to piont out the benifits of what looked like a bad deal. Your always looking on the Bright Side. Very Happy
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll start this time -- After Scottie and I watched the scatter at the blast off - we decided to head across the to point and start fishing the reed flat - Scotte was throwing moving baits (spinner bait and chatter bait) and so I started out throwing a Senko, just to see what kind of mood they were in - eventually Scott hooked one on the chatter bait (btw, leaving the net in the truck makes it a little more exciting - Confused ) - I kept throwing the Senko until we knew for sure and he stuck a short - so I made the switch - but the bite really slowed down - picked up a brown/purple jig and began to bump the reeds with it and boated my first one (15.25")- Scottie kept getting bit on the chatter bait so I kept going back to it as well and managed to get my second one (15.25" - same fish as before or his twin brother?) - we decided if we were actually going to catch some, we probably should go get the net - after working that area a while longer - we made the run up north - pulled up to the spot and while Scottie was still dinking around in the boat - threw the brown/purple jig up on the rocks - bounced it twice and my line went left - pulled in the 16.25 we worked that area over for a whle - no more takers, so we moved on up north - manged to pick up one more club up there (14.5") on the blackberry ZOOM worm and Scotte caught several, but they were all smaller fish - worked the tullies all the way back down and then moved to the rocky bank on the south end - picked up one aggressive short (cool story) - and had a few bites, but nothing really working - moved back to the flat and worked that area over moving down toward the beaver lodge there were so many boats on the south side we turned around and began to work back up the north side of ramp cove and picked up another 16.25" about 10 minutes before time to head in on the blackberry Zoom worm.

It was really strange how scattered the fish seemed to be - you could catch more than one in an area, but you had to stay with it a long time. It seems like Browns will either make you laugh or make you cry - it was my turn to laugh this day. Good job on the net (once we finally had one) Scottie and congrats to Brown Jr and Sr.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations "PICKLE"You are the man, also Dave "BROWN" Utley(I think he's a distant relivitive of the Browns) for putting on a clinic on how to make your driver "Boater of the day". Good job Dave. And Nate Brown (who I think they named the lake after) Good Job.I bet it was fun setting the hook with all that deer hunting gear on. Way to GIT-R-Done.
Also a "Say hay" to Bassn8r for making it a smooth event.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadpipe wrote:
Dave "BROWN" Utley(I think he's a distant relivitive of the Browns)

Hey, let's put that rumor to rest right now - I may want to run for public office some day!!! Twisted Evil
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad master wrote:
Leadpipe wrote:
Dave "BROWN" Utley(I think he's a distant relivitive of the Browns)

Hey, let's put that rumor to rest right now - I may want to run for public office some day!!! Twisted Evil

i would think you would want to be seen or have your name thrown in and around those in the upper class Laughing Laughing
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the upper class of Council Bluffs doesn't travel well in other areas
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m checking, right now, to see if theres a "Leadpipe lake" in Iowa that we can have a tournament on. Laughing
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is called Badger
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it started off pretty tough spent alot of time pulling snags out of tree tops Embarassed
right away we went to the first tube and john hit a 14.5 got that in the boat i threw in there with a green jig and hit the 17.5 fished it for awhile longer and nothing so we went across the lake to the reeds and john hit 1 on the reeds where a log was, nothing after that went down to the boat ramp cove and i hit one on a spinner bait nothing after that went back up to the reeds and hit a 14.5 john hit a 14.5 and i hit another, fished it a while longer and nothin moved back across to the tube and right away hit another then threw back in and hit another. john threw in and hit one but it got off moved down the bank and hit another by that time we only had 2-3 min to fish tried for a couple more but no takers
all but 2 fish were cought on a black/blue jig
it was a slow tough day...it just shows that you should never give up!!!!!
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treehunter wrote:
it just shows that you should never give up!!!!!

Haven't I heard that on the BASS tour somewhere Question

Good job there pickle tree.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probally have ...but iam sure he dont mind me using it Laughing
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Lake = Weather in mine history has prepared me to plan for the worst , hope for the best.. Saturday morning, it was fresh but tollerable.
Looking down the line of boats at 6:30 I could see that I was not the only one that dressed for the worst. On paper I was paired with Nate Brown SR, Until about 8:30 am when he finally took off his hooded face mask i was not sure. who was in the boat.. Laughing But it was him ! We were boat # 4.. #1,2,3 all went East to race to the far North end.. we spun around and went West. We cut a Crappie fishermen in a little tin boat off before he could get to close to the beaver dam.. We launched at about 6:55 ish. Nate had his first and largest fish of the day in the boat on the rug by 7:08. The fish came on a monkey puk beaver thing from the brush out in front of the beaver hut. We circled the area for two hours or so. Catch one here one there.. Most of our fish came on BB chatter baits. We were able to catch some from both ends of the lake.. I did have some shorts take a spinner bait later in the day along the West shore of the North bound leg. All in all it was a tough day at Brown in the spring. Woods bait has her first tournament of the season on Brown this weekend. I will be courious to see how it plays out..

Thanks Scott for your effort. Congratts to Brown, Utley, Brown for your finishes..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: