SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Okoboji 6/06/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willieboy
Short !
Short !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Road report. Reply with quote

Bigroostertail wrote:
FYI

I -29 North has lane restrictions for a good portion of the way from Honey Creek IA to Sioux City IA. Kozel and I went up to Boji last weekend through Missouri Valley , Denison, Oldebolt, Spencer to Milford and encountered no road work on the route once we made Missouri Valley..

the lane restrictions aren't too bad....actually...trailered up to Salix last weekend...of course that was 4 am on a Saturday morning for what it's worth...
campfire
Short !
Short !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say bad about Saturday was how cold and wet it was. I've been trying to find something negative to say about Moose, but there simply isn't anything. That gut is absolutely TOP-NOTCH!!!

I'm pretty sure that we could have gotten blanked and still had a good time, or at least I would have.

I'm sure anyone who has fished with Randy knows what I am talking about. For those of you that have not, you're in for quite a treat when you do!

Thanks again Randy! I'll be you're net man anytime!!!!

Congrats to John for the win and big bass. But that's just another day on the water for you, just getting back to your winning ways. You can let someone else have a crack at Mr. Bass whenever you're ready!!(JERK)
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conguratulations to John, Dan and Randy. You guys really showed how to "GET-R-DONE"
And I think the whole club should be appluded for NOT letting a little wind and rain stop ya from having a good time.
Nathan did'nt know the lake at all, and without a big motor, he did'nt miss a beat. We put in and fished all the water he thought the trolling motor could handle. It was a fishing day I won't soon forget.
Again Congratulations to John " You are a Great American" Cool
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Kozel for his effort and first place score. Where the heck was that when we would have gotten paid for it two weeks ago... Smile
Saturday morning at 4:15 am as we were dawning our rain gear and dumping cold rain water from off the top of the boat covers, I was thinking to myself that this is going to be a real long day. In the end, not the case the eight hours got away quick. My partner for the day made it worth every minute. We caught many fish, we missed just about as many. We took a midmorning break to run in to Oferral's for a cup of hot coffe.. I have never seen Dan drink coffee before....Smile I think he used it more as a hand warmer,,,The 20 minute break (it took me that long to get my rain gear opened up to get to some cash) broke up the day and helped to make the weather tollerable. Our day on the lake went something like this: Knowing that we had a couple crippled boats, and having somewhat of an idea as to the areas that I thought they were going to try to fish, I decided not to start at my first pick. We decided to trailer to Hwy 71 bridge and fish near the coffee shop..Smile . It worked out great. Dan had a limit in the boat by 6:01 am. If I recall I had three at that time. We moved off of our first spot to let it rest and fished a section of shoreline with jigs and tubes. I caught my big fish of the day at about 7 am on a tube in a shallow weed bed. We moved back to the first spot and the fish had movewd back into it. Dan caught his two big fish on back to back casts. Once we had those on the card other tournament boats started to show up in the area. We pulled out to go look at some deep docks and deep weeds. I was able to catch my second biggest from a weed bed in 17 foot of water on a ltlle green jig .. We made a run to the Northend but had no luck there. With time running out and knowing we had a few mile to trailer we loaded out at 1 pm and were back to the ramp at 20 after.
It was good to see as large a group as we had turn out. Other then the weather I hope eveyone had just about as much fun as I had..
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job to all. Another great 'Boji event. The hightlight to our day was Dick's 19.25" smallmouth caught around 10:30 out in the waves in front of the DNR station on Gull. He was drop shotting a Senko straight behind the boat in a pile of rocks about 9' deep when that big one hit. Sideways rain and waves pounding the front of the boat, it was interesting on Gull for sure. We had a fun week with lots of SM, LM and Whites caught, found a few big Smallies on beds mid week. Saturday was tough, but overall a good week. Congrats to those that figured them out on Saturday on a raw old day on 'Boji.
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical ‘boji… when it’s a mostly LM tournament, just 1 kicker on top of a limit of Missouri’s is usually enough separation. That 19.5 is the biggest LM I’ve caught up there before in all my times fishing it.

Trailered up to Triboji at blast knowing we wanted to fish the sandpiper cove area first and we intended to spend most of the day on the north end… We both hit a few clubs from the thick shallow weeds right away, and each managed a 15”er. Leaving there with a few fish each, we stopped at the Lighthouse canal area on the way across the lake. Fished down into the entrance and back out pitching to the walls to fill my 1 Missouri limit. Right where it enters the main lake, I pitched to an area where the waves were crashing over some rocks and hit the 19.5”. We then headed to a string of docks still on the north end, and on my 3rd cast hit a 16”. Everything with a green jig so far (official Moose Pro Staffer)… Fished our way through 25 docks or so, Rich now filling his card. Went back to Sandpiper, hit a 16” on our way in, now using a regular sized green beaver (woods). Hit a few clubs. Back to the Lighthouse to hit the same spot the big one came from…and it resulted in a 15”er. Went back to our docks, but went north instead of south finding better weeds… Raining pretty good at this point, we began focusing on the weeds and not the docks, mostly fishing in between the docks… This upgraded both of my 15’s to 15.5’s. We decided we needed to warm up the hands at this point, went to the truck, saw it was 1130, then figured we’d throw in at emerson and go hit brown bay. Went to emerson and said screw that when we saw the white caps rolling into the ramps… back to triboji, its 1220 at this point, figured we’d have about 50 minutes to fish. We stayed in triboji and just circled the donut a few times. Rich hit 3 clubs, I hit 3 clubs and another 15.5 which didn’t help. We also lost a couple. Time to go.

All mine were caught on a green moose jig or green beaver. Rich’s were on a green jig, green ring fry, or senko I think… I did hit a 4lb northern and rich had 2 bite off’s back to back. I have never spend much time up on the north end, and decided to prefish up there Friday to check it out… ended up liking enough about it to go back. Did try a few beds on sat, but no bites (not sure if there were even fish on them).

Rich caught a mammoth 21” smallie on Friday which was really cool to see. Great guy to fish with, as most of you boaters know. The guy will fish wherever and is a high quality partner in the boat.

Good job to everyone else on a day where the weather was quite screwy… Great turnout overall.
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. moderator didn't I have a post on this thread lol

mark
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: