SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Okoboji 6/06/09
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbbAdmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Okoboji 6/06/09 Reply with quote

Tournament # 3. One day prior to full moon.. Smallmouth everywhere.
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunrise in Des Moines is 5:41 on this day, 5:51 in Omaha. Could go at 5:30 and beat the traffic with either of those times.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Okoboji Cabins Reply with quote

Has anyone inquired about a cabin or two? Do we want to?
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father John called this morning to say he had verbal confirmation on two cabins for us. He was told that if we needed more room that they did not think that was going to pose a problem.

Steaks again? Or something different?
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 words.......Minced ham Laughing
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Okoboji Cabins Reply with quote

Solano was able to get reservations for us again this year at Camp Okoboji. Reservation dates in on June 4, out on June 7. We have two cabins (Samuel and King) sleeps a total of 15.
Cabin rent % 15 guys = $46.00 total each to cover three nights stay..
Comes with a free Steak fry on Friday evening.
Get with me to reserve your spot.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okoboji.
Just an observation, and for discussion. We will do what the majority decides.
Our cabins are located in the Little Emerson bay area. From the cabin it is a short distance to the Emerson Bay ramp. Emerson Bay is the location that we have used every year to run our Tournament from. Emerson Bay is loacted on the West Side of the big West Lake.

Our 2008 Tournament launched from Emerson Bay in the early morning to a bright calm lake. By tournaments end the wind had come up from the North and the big tuna boats had stirred the West lake into at least 4 foot roolers. As I started out into Smiths Bay to headed for weighin I met a Omaha Bass Club boat coming in, and they warned me not to go out into West Lake.. It was weighin time, I had no choice. And I know we had a couple other small boats that were in the same position. It trully was an unsafe situation.

Discuss option: I think our permit reads that we are launcing from Emerson Bay. Scott is to be checking to see if we have an option to move the launch site if that is what we decide to do.

There are two ramps East of Hwy 71. One is just North of the Warf on the East side of hwy 71 that would dump us into East lake Just North of the bridge. The other is a smaller lot on the East side just South of Triggs resort that would dump us into Upper Gar. Both are protected from anything other then a East wind.

Options: Emerson Bay, Hwy 71, Triiggs. or agree on a process that allows for an offsite check in... Cell phone call or something if you find that your caught in an unsafe situation.

FYI: I preffer Emerson Bay, but It ain't just about me!
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of those confronted by conditions that made me a bit more than nervous… and for the record, I believe it was hard south winds (blowing into the lighthouse canals…? Those are from the south I think..?)

Anyway, it was a bit nervous crossing to emmerson, but it also was a situation that isn’t necessarily avoided I wouldn’t imagine by simply changing blast locations… If we blast from east… and you are fishing emmerson, you still have to get back across. The only downside to emmerson is the trailer traffic from yahoos if it is a nice day…but that hasn’t been too bad an issue. I would definitely vote for a phone call if there is an unsafe scenario… Make the call to one or more tournament committee members with a voicemail (if no answer) at least 5 minutes prior to check in. We can distribute #’s and have committee guys ready to check their phones? Anyway, this is a good forum topic to check the temperature of those who saw this last year…
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me like the ramp near Triggs is usually out of any of the weather that shows up and definitely out of the yahoo boat traffic area. You still do have a problem if you are in emerson when the winds suddenly kicks in like it did last year, but I would think most people would be closer in to the launch/return area that late in the day. Having to be on West (usually fishing on the east side) is what leads to the problems with getting back.

I am not familiar with the ramp on east lake, but if it is big enough, it seems to me like there is generally less traffic up that way and might be a good option - I know I don't want to do what we did last year again.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good concern. I'd like to suggest that the cards be totaled at the cabin's. And the phone numbers are a GREAT idea. If anyone has an issue with the conditions, and needs assistance, help is only a phone call away. There will be plenty of time to get a phone number list, for the people that are fishing, once we get there.
basscatter
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Randy's idea of using the east ramp sounds like a good one

thnx
mark
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the Emerson ramp myself, but wouldn't have a problem doing anything else. Perhaps this could be voted on at the upcoming meeting...
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys!!I see that my original post was not clear. My intentions are not to promote one ramp over another.
After last years event I am promoting safety.
My intention is to prepare for the worst but hope for the best!!
Our permit was voted on, applied for and issued with Emerson Bay being our Launch site. From our cabin area, Emerson Bay is our first best access.
That in mind, If a wind event is NOT forecasted come Friday evening then we will launch from Emerson Bay as per our permit.
We decided that back in November. It's no longer open to a vote.
If the forecast is WIND the tournament commitee will decide our next best option. Our next best options as I see it are from the Hwy 71 ramp or from Triggs ramp. (Please locate both of these ramps prior to the event just in case).
We need to pay close attention to the Saturday event forecast, Friday night and plan accordingly at that time.

I have asked Scott to do no more then inquire with the DNR about the option of moving the launch site if it is decided by the tournament committe that a unsafe wind event is forecasted. Scott will have that information for us to talk about Tuesday at the meeting.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETS GO BOJI LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough count: With what I know at this time we have 21 planning to attend . We have 11 boaters and 10 non-boaters at this time. We have two cabins reserved at Camp Okoboji, Samuel and King. Our reservations are for three nights, Thursday Friday and Saturday. Check in is at 2pm ish I think. The cabins are advertised to be able to bunk up 15. I have one army cot and I am told that we can get a couple roll aways .. We will make it work. Since We do not pay for a clean up deposit, be sure you do your part to clean up your cabin before you leave Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Friday night steak fry.. I am planning that we will do that again. The steaks I get are on sale now, so I plan to order them this week.
Steak, baked tater, salad, bread * butter is the menu for this one. Other then that bring it if you want it...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: