SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

9/20 Three Mile Tournament.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbbAdmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: 9/20 Three Mile Tournament. Reply with quote

Buzzbaits or Jigs?
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-Mile in September, can't wait (especially when it is 4 degrees out today). Des Moines Sunrise is 6:59, Omaha is 7:09. Tough to start this one at 6:30, probaly be a 7 AM start time, but one we could go at 6:45 real easily.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Lake Map. Reply with quote

There is a link on our home page / lake maps to a good DNR map of Three Mile Lake.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah anderson and i will be leaving about 530 or so call him see if you can ride
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, I might be leaving friday evening..not sure yet. Will let you know if I am though.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nick - change of plans - I won't be going down early after all - give me a call at home or cell phone and we can work it out.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Duck season be open when we hit 3 mile Question
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that is first season opening day
remember you have a wimpy fishing rod they have a gun

FISH AROUND THEM
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been there, done that on 3-Mile. Don't go near any ducks that don't seem to be swimming around. You will be shot at and the D&R doesn't care. The north part of the lake gets most of the hunting pressure. Find a nice hump out in the main part of the lake and park it (lol). That or bring your own gun and make it a hunting/fishing party. Grilled Duck Breast at the ramp!!!! What you don't eat you can use for catfishing....
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANY BODY LEAVING FRIDAY NITE/SATURDAY MORNING IT SEEMS I AM IN NEED OF A RIDE
PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR I CAN CALL SOME TOMOROW
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much is non boater fee?????
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be leaving tonight (friday), sometime between 4 & 6pm. leave a post on here if anyone needs a ride. I'll have room for 1 extra. Almost go time!
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My day at 3mile started out with fairly good action and closed out with a very slow and painful 2-3 hours.

Showed up Friday night with no prefishing, but heard reports of fairly tough fishing, which was not surprising for September on that lake. Saturday morning figured it would be tough no matter what, so I’d just go straight to the north trees where I am most confident on that lake. Hit a 15” on my 2nd cast on a spinnerbait on a deep cut bank, then proceeded to dump it back in the water before measuring. Hit another club on a spinnerbait, while mark hit 2 buzzbait fish in the next hour. Switched to a beaver on the shallow flat portion of the shoreline and hit 3 fish on 3 casts, including 2 missouris, also while losing one that was over 16” right next to the boat as I decided to grab and not net it from the log it had me tied up in. Oh well, hit another several fish on the beaver including 2 more missouri’s in the next 20 minutes, mark hit 2 beaver fish and lost several others. Got fairly deep into the north portion of the lake and burned the spinnerbait for about 20 minutes, picked up 1 club and a 16.75. Fished our way back out along the cut bank and I upgraded a 15 with a 15.5”. Decided to go up to the south half of the lake to look for a big bite or two, but that did not happen. Mark hit a few clubs in the last hour or two, but that was all she wrote. Was lucky to get hot for about 60-90 minutes, and figured 990 was good enough for a top 5 but probably not a top 3. Worked out that it happened to be a somewhat tough day, so it held up surprisingly. I did throw a jig for about 90 minutes without a bite which somewhat surprised me… The beaver was the go to bait by far, it was watermelon, and they really hit it hard. The bites were all no doubters. Sad to say that it was my last club fishing function of ’08! Will be at the meeting on tues. Has been a very fun and interesting schedule once again!
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations John. On the win Very Happy and the win Very Happy ....
I had a really great time. I got to fish with my best friend in the whole world Shocked
Without a big motor I was staying close to the porch. Started out at the jetty just accross from the beach, ( which is my favorite spot on the whole lake) and moved up and down the rocky point and jetty's. stated with Buzz baits and Pop-R's, no takers. tryed a jig, but it stuck in the rocks to much to be fun. Tried a (wacky) ring fry and stuck a 14-15/16" on the cast. Then nothing more for 40 casts? went to a crank bait, things started to happen. Landed a 15" and a 14.5" missed two more, and booted a Mo. at the boat (stupid net man) . Also stuck three dinks.
I quit at 2 O'clock, to make sure I got the tub out before the crowd arrived.
So for not travling far and cutting it short, I had a pretty satifing day. I'd vote for this lake any time.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy and I left the ramp and went to the North boat dock area. We started just South of the boat ramp my first fish came from under the dock on a jig. We fished across and down the cedar brush on the old road bed with no sucess. Duck hunters were in the area to the West of us so we decided to drop on to the deep shore line on the South side. I was throwing a jig, Tracy a Texas rigged worm. My jig was getting snagged everyother cast. I switched to a tube type bait that proved to be more snag free.. We worked the bank down and back and caught some 8 or 9 fish. Our bite was in deeper water, on or near the bottom. The bite was very light. With 1 1/2 hours to go we ran to the arm near the dam and fished the water in the back end near the cedars with no sucess. I had stuck 3 fish in that area Friday evening. It was almost to nice of a day to bass fish. We talked about tubing, but could not agree who was going to get to go first...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: