SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

4/26 Brown Lake Tournament.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah that Embarassed

Blast off at 7:00 AM fish 'til I get my limit of MO's, er uh 'til 3:00
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke w/ DNR regarding browns... They believe they have “lucked out” with the lake. The dead fish reported were on the far north end and they are all “smaller fish”, likely shad is what they told me. And the reports of excellent crappie success the past two weeks were confirmed by the dnr also. They do not anticipate the lake to have undertaken any significant winterkill on the game fish. I also got the # for the park ranger on site and will try to call him to see if we can camp there.
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone w/ the on site county ranger... he also confirmed that the kill off was shad, and that the lake should fish normal. Also said that we would not likely be able to camp at the county sites there, but gave me a name of someone in salix who I could call to possibly open the Isaac Walton or something club there for us to camp at if need be. Otherwise, there is the ramp, cheap motels up in Sgt Bluff, or camping 8 miles south at sloan. We'll figure it out one way or another.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Kaptain, Thanks. Very Happy
Rocket
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Camping Reply with quote

There is camping at Snyder Bend. Don't know if it is open.
Tom Cota
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock,and John K,
Great job with all the info,but what i really want to know is will it ever flippin warm up?the fish dont know what to do they start to move to the bank ,then back out.Plus if it doesnt warm up the motel room will look pretty darn nice!!!!!!!!!!!vs. camping outside,maybe i can bring a temt to Dan P s room i am sure he will have a fire going!!!! Twisted Evil TC
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran to the post office this morning about 11 am, was slow cold rain blowing into my face on the way to the truck.. Thinking man I can not wait to be out in this for 8 hour in a couple weeks on Brown ... I better look to see if I can find mittens for Pipe...
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shh,...... quiet........I think I can hear a wine..... Rolling Eyes
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our 40's and spitting rain w/ wind gets over with early this april...I wonder how browns will fish with nice warm weather, a slight breeze, some sun peeping through the clouds... the ability to feel my hands and not wish I had slept in... could be wierd on the 26th...
Tom Cota
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody remember a NICE day on Browns ???I dont!!!
It will be cold until you get a nice warm fuzzy when you set the hook on a big ol pig,,,, Twisted Evil cota
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our tournament in 2003 was warm with bluebird skies (I fished with Carlos and came in 3rd) - the next year it was cold and rained all day and my old boat filled up with water (so that's what bilge pumps are for Idea ) - the next year it was warm and sunny (Tin Boat filled his limit before we finished calling blast) - the next year it was cold, cloudy and rainy (I fell out of Bob V's boat Embarassed ) - we haven't fished it for two years so I don't have any prediction other than if the shad were all killed off in the winter the bass should be hungry.
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our new member candidates has contacted me looking for a ride at Browns - if you have an open back seat or if a back seat has opened up please give me a call. Thanks.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the plan for this weekend at Brown. Anyone going up to camp Friday?
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check with my boater and others to see what the plans are. Camp ground likely won’t be available and browns itself, but there should be other options within a 15 minute drive. One option is to stay up in Sgt Bluff (5 miles north of salix) in a cheap motel which a few of us did in ’04.

Weather at this point looks reasonable. Highs in mid 50’s to low 60’s on Friday & Saturday…appears to be clear.
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and I are planning to be on the road from Omaha around 4:45 AM on Saturday morning. Thinking that will put us at the ramp by 6:00/6:15 (or safe light in this case). That way I won't have the urge to go pre-fish/or break in my motor for a good hour before blast-off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: