SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

6/7 Badger Creek Tournament..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday prefishing showed that the cleanest water in the lake was at the dam. We had 3 to 4 inches of vis..

Saturday Ken and I Started on the West end of the dam with Buzzbaits, poppers, rattle traps . We fished East in behind Rod. Nothing going on at all. We went into the trees on the West arm banged jigs and traps around making as much noise as we could.. Nothing.. We made a pass along the rip rap on the road bridge, we saw Collins hook his fish.. With no other ideas, we loaded out and hit Anita.. We arrived at about noon, was a tournament going on maybe 10 boats? The water was a whole lot cleaner. Noon and the wind came up making presentation and boat control a challange .. We saw a couple fish caught. But nothing on the carpet of my boat...
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My report: What pipe said…

Ok, I’ll elaborate: Felt that in the dirty water, flooded lake environment, fish would hug the nearest piece of cover they could find. Lake was up perfectly for a weed edge bite…only problem was that the fish were NOT at all in the weeds. Figured it had to be wood. Parked on the old beaver dam (lots of woody rubble under the water in 3-6ft), and banged a jig over it about 10 times before I finally got a bite 15 minutes into the tournament. Was a 14.5 incher, and was still so early that I didn’t even know what to say or do at that point other than just measure it and pretend it didn’t happen (I had not expected to even catch a fish, lol). Threw at the beaver dam for another 2 hours, then started looking around for other areas, not sure what or where, hit the dam, bridge area, some trees that finally started poking out, and ended at the beaver dam. Had 1 solid bite on a spinnerbait about noon that didn’t hook up. At least the boat worked well… Thanks for half a ham sandwich pipe…
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished Friday for 8 hours, 1 hit a big square bill crankbait on the damn around 10 AM, out near the 5'-9' ledge that was in front of the damn. I missed that one. Had a panfish grab the tail of a 7" worm on the damn and drag it under a bush around 2. Would have went home at Noon on Friday if I wasn't paired with Tracy for Saturday. Saturday, 8 hours of fishing, had something pick up my jig on the damn around 7:30 or so, best bite of the weekend. Fish hit it on the damn, ran it back to the boat for me. I set the hook, came back with 1 claw on my jig trailer. Around 12:00 or so was up at the bridge throwing a Slider head rigged Baby Ring Fry around the rock. Had a light pick up out in front of the rocks, fish moved the bait a foot towards me and stopped. I waited, for a bit, lifted up, felt that spongy feeling you do when a fish has your bait. Set the hook, came back with 1/4" of a Baby Ring Fry. How that fish didn't hook up, no idea. Tracy had a few Bluegill bites. I think I threw 40 different types of baits to these fish over the 2 days (lol). If 10% of my fishing weekends were like this one, I would sell everything and take up golf.

I spent time shallow and deep (10-15'). Even spent an hour making 10 casts to one tree in 12' of water. Casts would last 5-10 minutes, leaving the jig in the tree just banging it off one branch. Hopeing that a big old bass would hear the knocking and come calling. No such luck. I am not sure I have ever been in a situation where I had no confidence in any bait to catch anything just hours into a lake. I fished hard the entire time, I was ready for the bites when they happened, but if I had a gun to my head and someone telling me I had 8 hours to catch a 12" or better fish. I would tell them to pull the trigger now. I didn't have a clue how to get a bite, just kept a bait wet and hoped I would drop it in front of one that was yawning.
campfire
Short !
Short !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. MY TURN! FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE JIM, SCOTTY, AND JOHN! GOOD JOB GUYS. I DON,T KNOW IF IT WAS LUCK OR SKILL BUT WHATEVER IT WAS YOU EARNED IT. I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU GUYS FOR NOT BEING THERE TO CONGRATULATE YOU IN PERSON BUT THE LONGER I STAYED THE CHANCES OF ME KILLING MYSELF INCREASED EXPONENTIALLY, AS I WOULD SUGGEST OTHERS CONSIDER IF THEY EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING THIS LAKE ON THE SCHEDULE EVER AGAIN! ALSO PROPS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT STAYED THE WHOLE TIME BECAUSE I KNOW THAT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN EASY! I'M SURE THERE WERE PROBABLY OTHERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE LEFT BUT THERE PARTNERS PROBABLY WOULDN'T LET THEM DO SO, IN WHICH CASE MAYBE YOU HAVE PUSHED THEM IN THE WATER TO WAKE THEM UP!! FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE I MAY HAVE ACTUALLY RATHER BEEN AT WORK THAN FISHING. WOW WHAT A GREAT LAKE AND A GREAT DAY ON THE WATER! IT REALLY SUCKS THAT I FINALLY GOT TO FISH WITH FATHER JOHN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME AND IT HAD TO BE THEN AND THERE. OH WELL THATS ENOUGH FOR NOW. MAYBE I'LL MAKE ANOTHER POST LATER AND TELL YOU HOW I REALLY FEEL.
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Must have been a bad day to cause Campfire to actually take the time to log in and make post #4! Congrats, camp. No worries on leaving early...you were one of the smart ones. See you there next June...
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaptain......thats cold Laughing
Tom Cota
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for everone of you that fished the lake ,i have had a day like that in the past and it does suck. But i feel that as a club we should all stick it out untill the end,granted i wasnt there but i heard a few people say that they were kinda dissapointed that several boats left early.
Think about it if one of the boats that left early had won,and 3 boats were left at the ramp that woudnt be very cool.thats just MY opinion!
I didnt do very well there last year,went most of the day with out a good bite ,untill 30 minutes left in the day and then got bit.anyway again this is just MY opinion! I do feel bad that the fish didnt cooperate,thats fishin. Twisted Evil Cota
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody that left had any fish, so that wasn't going to be an issue. I have fished a bunch of events the last 16 years, this was the worst fishing event I have ever seen. We had high, muddy water that you could see was dropping. Muddy being from 0-4" visibility with the brightest lure you owned. Plus the mud was moving, so areas we thought would have 3" visibility on Friday, had 1" on Saturday. The damn had 4" visibility on it Friday morning, Friday afternoon it was down to 1". It was nasty. Getting a panfish bite was reason for a boat to celebrate. I am as hardcore as anyone in this Club, I don't blame anyone for leaving early. The average gas bill for the trip was over $100 a truck, vacation days were used by a few, the fishing was impossible. It was a dissappointment to say the least.
Tom Cota
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawg,
sounds like fishin was impossible.but if i would have been there in those impossible conditions at the end of the day with boaters gone i would have said "what the heck" =just trying to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Deadly Invader
Club fish
Club fish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m not sure how the lake lays but we spent the majority of our day on the north end fishing a grass flat where jim picked up his fish I threw lots of big bright and dark lures finally had a fish on a rattletrap off the rockpoint near the grass flat fish jumped and lost him threw down the rattle trap immediatley threw a jig where i lost that fish boom hit him on the head and smack the lure so hard i couldnt believe he got off the fish was a missouri and i just wasnt meant to catch him but i am learning alot more on how to approach muddy water situtation it was horrible fishing but I learn something every time I go out on the water so its never a complete lost in my book
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: