SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

8/30 Mozingo MO Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Jim Collins called me and said he is planning on fishing this tournament with Campfire - that is good news! - but he doesn't feel like he can do the overnight and was wondering if anyone was planning on going down Sat. morning. If you are going down that morning and have room, he would like for you to give him a call.
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with the Maryville Chamber of Commerce today. As of this morning there were 10 electric camp sites left (out of 70 total). Those sites are not reserved for this weekend, but people that have already arrived for this weekend. So the camp ground is already 85% full. May have to go with plan B (I don't know what this is yet).

Last edited by Hawghunter on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always caravan down with me and Jim -- Laughing
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in '04 walter gave the dnr guy like 40 bucks and he let all of us setup tents on that one peninsula thing... might be doable..
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone might call the bait store out at the lake, talk to the girls see if they would mind if you all were to park in thier lot for the night.. You might have to buy a couple 12er from them??? Pay her $25.00 clean up the cans and your good to go??
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister who is a student at Northwest Mo St in Maryville is going up to the lake this evening to try to reserve two sites for tonight (so no one else gets them) and tomorrow... I'll let you know the progress...
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the poop on the camping. only 2 spots available when she dropped by this afternoon. However, one must put up a tent on the spots in order to reserve. However, she was informed that there is a large "overflow" area for more camping. My guess is that there is no electricity, but we should have a spot to setup on. The tournament might be a bit wild...as there's probably going to be two hundred boats on the water, lol. Who knows, plenty of fish to go around.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Fishing.. Reply with quote

If you guys get to bed Friday night, get down to the ramp and get the rigs in the water on time, you should have 5 hours of good fishing before you have to drive around the yahoo boats... Smile

Have fun, be careful, good luck...Wish I could go with ya...
Mom called today , told me to bring a hammer... The roof is leaking on the porch... need to do some roofin...
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, How come you get to Roof, and were all stuck Fishing. Man life aint fair. Very Happy
Be carefull up there, you don't bounce as good as ya used to. Very Happy
Tom Cota
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres how it played out for Corey, Alex and myself.
We got to the lake thurs night so we could get up and eliminate water,really we just went fishing.
The bite was pretty slow on fri. no real topwater bite in the am,and as the day progressed the bluebird skies were making the bite reel tough.
We caught [3 of us]probably 6 mo s and a few dinks,on jigs and plastics.
Fished until noon or so and went in for lunch and a nap,oh! i guess i had the nap,being i am old and all.One huge tip i can give to everyone is -Dont park a truck in the mid-day sun and expect get any z s when there is no breeze through the topper windows it wasnt pleasant.
Anyway we had a GREAT Campfire,good food lots of laughs,and some pretty interesting conversations thanks to STONECOLD.
Got up after a great nights sleep[because i am old and went to bed early.
we were 3 rd blast,actually 2nd because someone didnt show,dont know who?Started off in the cove across from the ramp and started catching fish on a spinnerbait[white/crome head]Alex hit a few on a buzz and missed one real big one .We kept switching baits ,Jigs ,plastics,spinners,and i think Corey was throwing a few cranks.
I had my best luck throwing my spinnerbait way past the target and burning it to standing trees and killing the bait and letting it fall down the tree.
We carded 2 mos and a few dinks before 9 am,and decided to hit a few other coves on the west side,not much going on in the other coves did card a few more clubs,and i hit a fish that i seen in the shallows at first i though was a drum,it was right next to the boat,so i flipped a jig near the fish and it took it landed it and it was pretty sickly looking real skinny,but it measure 17,so it to went on the card.
About noon we moved out to the main lake and was hitting brush in deep water.Didnt do well on the main lake brush so we moved to the roads and carolina rigged thats were i caught my 4 th mo on a big ring fry,16.5
looking back should have stayed on the road pattern because we looked for fish pretty much the rest of the day,we did find some fish at 2 pm north of the ramp on cranks i think Alex was able to card one more fish.
I did talk to a guy at the ramp at weight in that said this was one of the WORST 3 days of fishing he has every had so i guess that we were lucky to get some fish to the boat.
I did have a good time fishing with Alex and Corey in the boat,fishing three guys out of a boat can sometimes be troublesome but we had NONE of that and like i said the campfire was great!
I have traded the Xpress as some of you know for a deep v multi species boat,the family will get alot of use out of it.I have enjoyed fishing as a boater but have decided to fish as a non next year,and would want to fish with anyone in the club.might be a learning curve lol but i think i can handle it.
Good job Dave A on 1st place ,and Nick for 3rd.We all[club] worked pretty hard for bites but the fish were just not actively feeding.
Thanks Scott good job on directing the tourney,and Lou for playing bumper boats at weight in, I had a BIG sky boat that would not let me back out after i dropped Corey off at the dock so Lou and i had no choice but to kiss boats ,kind of fun,lol.
ANYWAY thats that.Thanks to everyone that participated.
Cota Smile
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about not being able to fish yesterday. I woke up Wed morning with back spazms. Did get some meds on Thursday morning, by Friday afternoon I was up moving around some. The spazms had stopped, my back was just real tight and sore. Doing better everyday as my back loosens back up and the sorness is leaving. Even got out of the house for a bit today, thinking tomorrow might even try to make a cast or two.

Thanks for picking up Alex as a third. I know fishing with 3 isn't as fun as if there were 2 in the boat. I really was looking forward to this event, but there was no chance of me fishing even yesterday, let alone be in a truck for 2 hours one way. Also, I have the Club cooler packed and ready to role in my garage. That was my fault, just wan't on my mind. I will make sure Scottie gets it with some Club cash for ice before he leaves for 3-Mile. See everyone Tuesday night!!!!
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always fun with Bill.....
We hit the water at around noon Friday, and stated looking for fish. Checked the deep brush and it did'nt look verry promising. Tried top water around the mat and the bank without anything that would hold out interest. Tried draging bait acoss the pads and got no response. Bill did find 3 fish with the old ring fry, all Mo's. But no pattern. Got off the water in time to get a campsite and cook up a rack of brats before it got dark. Found the club fire just down the road. so went down to see the show. These guys are good. If your hungery or thirsty, they always got enough to go around.
Went up to the 3rd bay on the East and stared with a Buzz bait. I shuck a Mo. Nothing in the trees with the topwater bait. (Man it was pretty. should have been something hittin) Found another Mo with a Jerk bait. Then still another with a jig, (see the pattern) then we setteled down to fishing the roadbed. I hit probably 9 fish. 5 on the card,(booted a Mo at the boat) It was one of them deals where you should just stay where your at and make it work.
Bill was having touble getting the fish to take what he was offering but he kept chunking away. He had me up front for the better part of the day, Saying "your doing good, you just stay up there." So thanks to Bill for the help.
Thanks to Scott, for another good job.
Cota, thanks for the "Catchers"
Congratulation to Dave, Nick and Tom.
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showed up at 8pm Friday night with no prefishing planned. Started about half way down to the north end on a point on the west side of the lake. Had a nice weed line that turned into a very deep cut bank. Instantly picked up a 16.5 in the weeds, also hit a 13, both on spinnerbaits. Got to the deep section and had my jig bite broke off on the hook set. Continued back down the weed line, this time with a buzz. Had 4 bites in 6 casts, landed 3, all clubs. I did see the bite I missed, as the fish jumped clear out of the water, and to my dismay, it was about a 17”er.

Headed back into a cove that this point was on and fished trees and the weed edge on shore. Hit a 17”er on a jig, then very next cast, lost another nice fish in the wood that I also saw to be about a 16”er. Oh well, plenty of big fish in this lake, not to worry. Tracy jumped into the action with a 13”er at this point.

Headed north to the beginning of the trees. Fished fairly hard for few bites, although tracy did pick up a few shorts and I hit a 14.99”er (couldn’t get it to 15) on a power worm. Headed back to the boat ramp area and fished the small wooded cove right near the ramp. Hit a 15.5”er on a ring fry in the wood. Nothing else.

Headed up to a first point near the dam…fished the mud line and weeds pretty hard, and finally willed a 16” out of there on a jig. Headed east of the dam into the sticks. I pick up a couple more clubs that didn’t help, then, with only 1 fish on the card, tracy got hot with 20 minutes to go, picking up 3 straight clubs on 3 straight casts with a jig.

Like most of the others, we really struggled for bites all day. Seemed like you had to knock them on the head with it to get bit. Saw them chasing shad quite a bit too. Lots of natural bait to keep them full. I also think I threw 10 different baits which for me is a huge indicator of a tough day. All in all, I don’t think the bites I missed could have got up to Cota and Dave A. Good job top 3, and looking forward to 3mile.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: