SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Forum Upgrade Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> *************New Forums Available**************
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Forum Upgrade Info Reply with quote

***Edit: New forums are installed. Please navigate to http://smallboatbassclub.net/forum/ and create a new account. I will be "redesigning" the aesthetics ASAP***

Guys,

I attempted a forum upgrade this week and the host has me blocked from making the changes but is sorting out the details to open it up.

All the better as that will let me explain what may (or may not) happen with the update. When I update the forum I'm going to do everything in my power to do a true "update" which will preserve all of the info/users/avatars/posts that we currently have, but just update to the newer version.

However since we are functioning on a version of phpBB forums that is almost 10 years old, the update may not be that smooth. If a "true update" cannot be completed, what I am going to do is leave this forum in it's current location to serve as a reference and archive for the older information.

Should that outcome materialize I will create an entire new forum which will likely be held at http://smallboatbassclub.net/forum/ This means that on that particular page everyone will need to recreate a forum account to continue posting, and this forum will be locked to new posts/users.

I would cordially ask on behalf of everyone and their little sister that when you create a new forum account that you include some sort of indication of who you actually are to help make things smoother for TD/CD/Pres etc. I'll look into ways to display a username plus a real name for reference.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great
sounds like a good change
im sure everyone has gone through these changes with other forums I.e. bass boat central that I know most on here are also on there and went through thier change a year or so ago
sbbAdmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have locked all topics from new posting here on the old forum.
Will has the new forum on line. You can access it from the SBBC home page " New Forum" tab. You will need to register to post.
The old forum will stay available as view only for 45 days.. June 30 we will dump it.. If you find any old info on old form that should be moved over to new forum you should be able to preform a cut at old and do a paste to new under appropriate topic .. let us know if you need assistance,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> *************New Forums Available************** All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: