SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

#2 ANITA 5/10/2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Tournament Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started off the day heading to Viking with Tony E to catch some bass and see the lake. We got there at 10 and were only going to stay a couple of hours but the fishing was so good we stayed till 4:00. We ended up with 43 bass total and one pig 20.5 incher from the picture below. I am not fishing the Calcutta next weekend but wish I was now. It will be a good tourney. Good luck at that one fellas!

Saturday at Anita we figured that the water clarity and temps were gonna be close to the same and had a good game plan going into the tourney. I listened to Moose with his post and made sure I had a jerkbait and frog tied on. We started at boat ramp cove with top water baits of all sorts. No love, come to find out I was watching Jacob Kloekornt and Alex boat 3 bass in less than 5 minutes! After seeing that I said lets get out of here and we motor to the other side of the cove. We sat over there throwing top water and Tony connects with a 14.5 right away on a floating jerkbait. That told me to keep to the jerkbait, so I did. We put the trolling motor at 20% and covered water all over the lake rapidly throwing the jerkbait. After getting a limit mix of 3 missoris and 2 clubs we left the cove to head to the main point. We fish that point and head down the bank throwing jerkbaits the whole time. When we get to the island I see some froggy water so I pick up my frog stick and start to work the area. After clearing the mats I get slammed by a 16.5 and get her to the boat quick. I boat another 13 incher on the frog but doesnít help my card. I needed one more missori. We continued to hit bank after bank covering every inch of the lake. With 2 hours to go we head to marina cove to fish a rock jetty that we caught some fish at. We get there and we boat 3 bass in a hurry. Nothing that would help. I eventually threw my jerkbait next to the brush pile and BAMMM! It gets slammed! I have her hooked with only one rear treble hook and beg for the net. Tony comes through and we land another 16.5. That was the one I was looking for. It was tough. We boated 20+ fish but struggled to find size like everyone else was. I was glad I fished clean and didnít lose any fish. That was a win in my book no matter the results. I was surprised to find I got 2nd with not having any really big fish. Congrats to you Nate for the win and to Bill, Jacob and Little Jacob for your top 5 finishes. I do have to say watching Jacob K. hammering bass so quickly wasnít fun to watch! Great job Jacob.

AKA (LAST DRAW)
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
getting a limit mix of 3 missoris and 2 clubs

Don't you mean a mix of 3 missouris and 2 "dinks" - Wink

Congratulations to everybody who was able to make it to the lake - wish I could have been there.
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a sub par Dink fest. My two clubs were 14.5 inchers. Only big fish caught were 19 and 17. Plenty of 15s-14s caught though Smile.

Should have fished Viking for the tournament for sure! Oh well. Jerkbait fishing was on fire and the top three were using them. Cool

AKA (LAST DRAW)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Tournament Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: