SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

#1 BANNER CREEK 4/19/2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Tournament Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treehunter wrote:
To Lil jake c

That crank you threw what color of Livingstone lure was it and what size?
Are Livingston's really that good?
I pulled a Randy Howell and used the crank bait I felt was best for the situation. That crank bait happened to be a Sprout Little John DD in chartreuse blue back, up until I list it to a rock. Then I switched to a SK 5xd in I believe it's their sun gill color (faded chartreuse brown back).

If the Livingston's are in my arsenal of crank baits, they must be good Wink

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some big fish ..
BILLWWAR
Missouri !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony and I started fishing the rock jetties, because the day before rocks were the only place I could get a bite. I must be a little rusty because I missed 5 fish by the time I had hit the second jettie. Then we just kept fishing the bank past the last one, all it had was pea gravel and a little chunk rock but I stuck my 19 on that bank. Then went back to the jettie closest to the boat ramp and got the 21 1/2". We were up and down and all around that lake but kept coming back to the rocks, getting bit almost every time. And it seemed to get a little better as the winds picked up to near hurricane force. All but one fish came on a jewel eakins jig in 5/16 OZ. in green with a green trailer. It was a great day fishing.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday James and I started fishing at 330pm
Hit rocks right away with nothing
Went to way back end of lake and had a couple bumps
The carp were playing awfully loud and frequently
Also didn't have really anything that told us that was the spot
Moved on to wind blown rock point and had a taker moved over to wind blown wood and had a taker
That told us to play the wind on Saturday

Saturday morning was calm and cool we headed to rock point spent ten minutes
With nothing moved across lake to another point had a taker quickly
James lost one
Hit some other points with not much
Knowing it will only get better as the wind came up we decided to go hit the dam that was already getting the brunt of the wind that was starting to blow
Knowing fish were very shallow we decided to parallel the rocks
So I put the boat within four feet of waters edge and fired down the bank with jerk baits
And whamo the action took off
We nailed fish all day going up and down the rocks
Taking 45 minutes to fish into the wind and 3 minutes with the wind we had to make multiple trips to make sure we got all the fish we could and didn't leave any
All in all it was a good day of fishing

Super congrats go out to Rob for winning his first tournament
Also congrats to bill and Brian

Good job on braving the wind and fishing where the fish were
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate wanted me to post our report so I agreed. Well coming off a 2nd place finish at the river city WEC (Cunningham) in a "Fake" tournament Nate was motivated to Fish Hard for Banner! I know he was pumped because his first fish in the morning off a rock jettie he screamed "Hey Bill I got One!" clear across to the other rock jettie to Bill! That missori took a square bill. After fishing that jettie we decided to hit other rocks and I ended up losing a 16 inch bass due to my weak ass hook set. The stinger was that I lost the 16 right at the boat in the same place as last year. I told nate this is gonna cost me! Well after hitting rocks and some wood we planned on fishing we both decide at the same time "DAM" baby! We hit the dam hard and notice the wind picking up. I look at Nate and he has a big smile on his face. We throw jerkbaits, cranks, along the rocks. I hit a 16 on the dam with my jerkbait, nate changes his color to match. As we get closer to Will C. I hear a whisper! get the net!, get the net, get the net. I look over to see Nates Rod bent in half! As I get the net I see the monster bass swim into the net after choking nates jerkbait! No hiding that bass from the other boats! Well we decide to run and gun around the lake. Hitting spots we established as holding fish. We actually hit john jr and martins spot 2 times only to find out that the big bass wanted to go into a different triton that day Smile. We finished our limits with nate getting 4 more on jerkbaits on the dam and I picked my 4 bass on the dam with a 3/8 oz Jewel Flipping jig in black and blue. Nate did lose a smallie missori but didn't really hurt him since he had 5 fish limit. Was nice to get out on a big lake and run open on! Spring is here!!!

Congrats to Rob on the win and to Bill, Brian, Nate and John Jr. on their top 5 finishes on the first SBBC tourney of the year!

AKA (LAST DRAW)
jamesavp
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The champ Rob E. has issues logging in so he requested that I post his report. Enjoy! " The Champ is here" insert theme music please! Smile

Al and I got down to the lake around 10:00 on friday. Started fishing and didn't get anything till late afternoon up shallow. That is where we decided to start on saturday. Saturday we started in the cove with timber and could not get bite. We then decided to move to another small cove that looked good on friday. When going in, I threw a chatterbait to the main lake point and got my first fish. Al and I figured they had not moved up shallow and started fishing the point. Caught three fish there. We then moved to the camp ground boat ramps and started fishing. We noticed the water temp was warmer than what we had seen so we went further in. That is where 3 more were caught. We then went back to the cove with timber and the point and did not get anything. Back to the boat ramp and caught another 3. All fish were caught on a chatterbait. Congratulations to Bill on second and Brian on third.

AKA (LAST DRAW)
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Rob.. The old chatterbait in the lip trick, works most every time..
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. congratulations Rob. Kinda reminds me of fishing Boji with ya. Everytime I looked at you, you were showing me another Bass... Shocked
Way to go Bill and Brian. For the great finish. It's cool to see that many big fish on the cards. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Tournament Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: