SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Season opener 2012, Banner Creek KS 4/28/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treehunter wrote:
2. Nate Jr. - 17.5, 17.5, 21, 17, 18 - 1560 pts - edited for Pickle's awesome math skills

sad to say but i edited them from brandon's awesome math skills

Hah, yeah...you don't have much support from the Herm with mathematics.
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, yeah...you don't have much support from the Herm with mathematics.[/quote]

im glad his nick name is herm......knowing you to i wouldnt be suprised if it was herp
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treehunter wrote:
i vote to fish this lake and maybe even pery lake just another 20 miles down the road and it is like a 15,000 acre lake another good one

The problem with that would be that the "Small Boat Bass Club" was designed for guys that wanted to fish tournaments without spending big money, traveling long distaned or paying big expences. There are Bass Clubs out there that will do that. I think Omaha Bass is one.
We are built to fish small "Near by" water that can be driven to in the morning and, back at night. The Okoboji thing is (was) the only exception.
Adding big water, long distance lakes would change the concept of the Club.
Just a thought
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with that would be that the "Small Boat Bass Club" was designed for guys that wanted to fish tournaments without spending big money, traveling long distaned or paying big expences. There are Bass Clubs out there that will do that. I think Omaha Bass is one.
We are built to fish small "Near by" water that can be driven to in the morning and, back at night. The Okoboji thing is (was) the only exception.
Just a thought[/quote]

the small boat bass club was also designed for people with small boats i.e plastic 2 man,john boats,canoe...that is a thing of the past as the club is all BIG BOATS now nothing under 15 foot with smaller then a 35 hp motor on it
as you always say if new ideas are not brought up and applied the club will just disperse because there is no new intrest
just saying
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadpipe wrote:
treehunter wrote:
i vote to fish this lake and maybe even pery lake just another 20 miles down the road and it is like a 15,000 acre lake another good one

Just a thought

I'd have to agree with Pickle here...Maybe it is something we should revisit during the meeting, or even multiple meetings to gauge full interest in the club. Perry Lake is a bit closer than Okoboji, and new water would be fun IMO. Maybe have a year with new lakes and see how it goes, I dunno..
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=I'd have to agree with Pickle here...Maybe it is something we should revisit during the meeting, or even multiple meetings to gauge full interest in the club. Perry Lake is a bit closer than Okoboji, and new water would be fun IMO. Maybe have a year with new lakes and see how it goes, I dunno..[/quote]

what he said^^^^^^^ Laughing Laughing
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the thing to keep in mind is that when we go to Okoboji we have access to the cabins and most guys make it a mini vacation (Thurs through Sunday). We would have to make sure that the cost would offset to make it as attractive as 'boji.

Having said that, I am alway interested in fishing new water so the idea is still interesting to me. Also, on BASS MASTER's list of 100 Best Bass Lakes 'boji is 46 and Perry is 60 (Banner didn't even make the list - shhhhhh!).
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells like a good discussion brewing for the meeting. I'm still up in there air whether or not I'm going to make it tonight...it depends if this weather holds out. If so I'm all for trying new waters, but wouldn't be to the point of pushing the issue into an argument. I can always go down on my own and have at it Smile
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shad master wrote:
Well the thing to keep in mind is that when we go to Okoboji we have access to the cabins and most guys make it a mini vacation (Thurs through Sunday). We would have to make sure that the cost would offset to make it as attractive as 'boji.

Having said that, I am alway interested in fishing new water so the idea is still interesting to me. Also, on BASS MASTER's list of 100 Best Bass Lakes 'boji is 46 and Perry is 60 (Banner didn't even make the list - shhhhhh!).

that list also had summit on there as well Shocked so you can not put to much thought into that list..alot of good lakes on that list but summit come on now
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "Medium sized boat Bass club"
or " No small boats allowed Bass club"
or "Only Big boat Bass club"
or "Bring your boat, and we'll decide if it's big enough , Bass club"
Yea, Things are changing so we should change with them...
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're going for big water - it's only another 856 miles (13 hours drive time) to Del Rio, TX and we could fish Amistaad. Twisted Evil
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so if change is not good then we should be what are name implies small boat not big boat...thats why the club was invented for small boats so small water....now that things are evolving maybe it is time to broaden are scopes a little (not saying we should go to lake fork or falcon)...you know just an idea keep boji for the diehards heck i love boji also but just maybe put another on the schedule as well what is wrong with two big water lakes each year sure some may not go cause of money but some dont go to boji because of money but that does not stop us from putting it on the schedule every year maybe some dont go to boji cause of other obligations for one reason or another and can make another event if schedule at another time of year we are always going to have boji at the same time of year cause it is near and dear to so many hearts.

it is like the lead pipe option nobody wanted it but now that we have it many like it . it was an idea that was not originally within the bylaws of the club but after time and persistence it was excepted as law.

ease up and give another new lake a chance
just a thought
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting good reports on Fork Cool
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not this year you did not
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: