SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

2012 Outdoosmen's swap meet / Garage sale.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Outdoorsmans swap meet.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: 2012 Outdoosmen's swap meet / Garage sale. Reply with quote

Talked with Holiday Inn this morning. We can get the Heartland Hall on either Feb 3 and 4, or 10 and 11.. I was told that we could use the two smaller rooms off of thew main hall if we wanted or need too. That in mind we could sell a few more tables. I plan to bring it up at the meeting Tuesday..

I think it is time to take a rate increase.. And we need to set some guide lines for our vendors..
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father John called me this morning, he had checked with the LaVista convention center * out at Cabela's..
Here is the one day rental fee. You will want to set down ...

One day event on Sunday = $5000.00
One day event on Saturday = $8000.00

Plus tables at $10.00 each.. so 100 tables would be , you do the math..

That in mind I guess that I am thinking that you guys will want to go back to the Holiday INN (Heartland Hall) ???
Dates: 2/3 and 4, or 2/10 and 11.

I can call and get the hall reserved for you guys.. I will not be available for this one to set it up. I will out of town that weekend.. Some one will need to step up and volenteer or the group will have to appoint someone or it dies a quick quiet death..
B.A.S.S Jake NE
Missouri !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is this swap meet?
treehunter
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the yearly (garage sale) the club puts on every February
the club members can bring thier old unused things and make a buck on them
we usually have about 40 different vendors at this that buy tables from the club and sell their stuff also
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys. I called the Holiday INN today and reserved for you the Heartland Hall weekend 2/10 and 11. 2012 for our Outdoosmen's swap meet and flea market.
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigroostertail wrote:
Ok Guys. I called the Holiday INN today and reserved for you the Heartland Hall weekend 2/10 and 11. 2012 for our Outdoosmen's swap meet and flea market.

Are we having this years swap meet be a two day event???

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope Jake.. One is plenty...Smile
We set up on Friday night so we reserve the space, do the show Saturday. Everyone seems to be happy with that...
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that makes sense.

Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a new vendor bump me here last night, wanting info on the swapmeet already. Will plan to bring the deal up at the next meeting.
I am thinking that it is time to raise rates some.. Tables and door. I think we will see a price increase for the hall next year?
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to get some tables reserved. 14 to date.. Only 86 to go..
I had one club, Midwest Bass indicate that they were not comming. No reason offered.

Aksarben Bass bumped me this morning said that they were planning to attend but had issues with the vendor pass deal. ( I have asked how many tables they intended to take, I am waiting on their reply on that...

I have a member who has indicated that he will come up with the passes for the event, and we will proceed with that project Since that is what was decided by the group at the last meeting.

However now looking at all things: If we rent 100 tables and issue 2 passes per table we are going to need 200 passes... I don't think we get 200 or more people on the floor before the doors open now do we?
By issuing a pass we may actually be shorting our self at the door???

I am not sure now in hind sight that it is a good idea!

What do you all think about the deal?
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine it probably averages out to about that number - some tables only have one person (very few) and some have 8-10. the question is will we take admission from the 6-8 guys that show up early and are a part of the vendor's group that goes over the two free passes?
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I think of is give each table the 2 free passes and everyone else that wants to work a table that has used it's 2 free passes has to pay for their pass. I don't know what you would want to charge but hopefully it would be under $5 to not scare away the people that have to pay for their pass. Also $5 isn't too much to pay especially when you have things to sell. You should be able to make that $5 back quickly.

shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys another one in the books and I'm going to say it was a success. The room change may have worked out well for us overall as the layout was much better based on my discussion with the vendors. The cusomer service from the club was the big hit of the day - thanks to all you guys young enough and healthy enough to help the vendors bring their stuff in and out - this was commented on by several vendors, even those that have come to expect it. Thanks to everybody that played a part in whatever way you could.

Now time to start thinking about fishing.
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Randy, for your "Year round" (behind the scenes) work to get this thing put together. And help the SBBC kick the year off with BANG..Good Job! It really seemed to go as smoothly as any we've held. Very Happy
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons that some of the vendors actually come to our sale is, the help we offer them to get there products In and Out of the building. We are able to be so helpfull due to the carts that we use to load there products on. It is very improtant to remember that them carts are brought to the event by Dave Anderson. Dave spends the time and effort to load them things at his day job and get them to us. Then its up to him to get them back to his emploer. There is a big Thanks to Dave for the help, without your effort. we could not be so helpfull. THANKS DAVE Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> SBBC Outdoorsmans swap meet. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: