SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Lake Okoboji, 6/4/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we should all believe Rooster on the Big Bass from Texas. Remember Randy is a fisherman, and fishermen "Don't Lie". Plus he has pictures and Rod will back up his story. and This Linda Brown girl somehow involved and there is a bait shop and it go's on and on...
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: TX Girlfriend.. Reply with quote

Probably could have been a girl friend... But I know better then to get tangled up with a TX woman... They pack side arms! Confused

I still have just a few wallet sized pictures of Linda Brown for my friends in the bass club in the event you have not gotten your yet... Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I will get it right out to you...
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shipping charge - must be a Memorial Day Sale
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Kibbon will not be able to make it this time. That would put Merkley in the back of Dave Anderson's boat. Will advise both of changes.
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you guys at the lake Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
LilJakeC
Toad !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time up at the lake. The fish were biting and I was catching Very Happy

George and I started fishing the canal on the other side of the bay where the cabins were. I was getting lots of hits on a Rage Toad but they just weren't swallowing it like they were Friday. I threw back at them with a Strike King Caffeine Shad and was able to catch 1 club. I then replaced the fluke with a senko and started throwing that as the follow up to my Rage Toad. I was able to catch 2 more clubs on the senko. I had 1 club hit a popper that shook off half way to the boat. We then moved to the lake in between Lower and Upper gar. We hit the canal in there and I caught 1 on a Senko where the weeds and rocks met. I missed 2 others on a spinnerbait in the same area. We then moved across the lake and hit the docks. I caught a nice Missouri on a Senko on the docks. Once again I missed 2 fish on a swimjig. George and I were all around the lake just fishing the docks later in the day. I stuck it out with the Senko the rest of the day and was able to catch 9 keepers. I ended up with 4 Missouri's and 5 clubs on the day. I missed every single fish that hit a fast moving bait. I had over 15 hits on fast moving baits and missed them all. I was a little disappointed about that, but oh well. We all have days like that.

https://www.livingstonlures.com/
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another day in Pairadice...Man it just go's to show that " A bad day at Boji is better then a good day anywhere else"
Friday, Pickel and I ran all over Upper gar and Minni, Nate sticking a club Here-N- there. He narrowed it down to a little Brown jig, and they liked the heck out it. I threw everythink in the box (as I'm apt to do) and found nothing that would work as a backup bait.
We shot up to the far end of East (just to check it out...in the wind...on the waves, all the way UP and all the way Back) As it turns out it was the death of me..
Saturday we did'nt have a great plan, but were pretty sure we could find enough to put two good cards together.
My back started off kinda sore, but workable. About an hour in. Nate's head starts hurtin, and getting worse. I tryed to get it done, but Man I was having a hard time even casting or standing or sitting or anything else. And Nate's head went beyound bad about 2 hours into the show.
We shut it down about 10:30 and then headed for the cabin. Still I had a good day, And I'm glad I had a partner that put up with my antics
Congratulation to Randy on the Win. "Big Green boat, Little Green jig" and a guy thet knows how to work both of them, is a great combination.
Thanks, Randy for getting the cookout together. Another Great job. I don't know how ya get it all done.
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre fished Friday under cloudy and moderatly windy conditions. LM were scattered and very willing to bite. No SM found Friday. Saturday the wind had backed off but we started under clouds. Our starting spot was not holding fish due in part to the lack of current in the area like the day before. We pulled back to the next largest peice of cover and had a good go on LM for an hour or so.. Hook a fish and two or three others would follow it to the boat. 9:30am ish the sun came through we went out on the rocks and found SM on beds. Fished those for the rest of the day in two different areas. On average the SM were larger then the LM so we were able to cull. The little green jig was killer to the Large mouth Friday and Saturday. I down sized to a TX rigged craw for SM bed fishing. Was a good trip again. Thanks to all for your help!
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim an I decided to spot you guys a day of pre-fishing and didn't get to the lake until about 10:00 on Friday. We threw the boat in at the East Lake ramp and headed up to the narrows where Spirit dumps into Okoboji. Water was very muddy and the wind kept us from being ablt to figure out the current situation. Ran down through Upper Gar to Minnewashta and checked out the canal in the back - Pickle and Pipe were in the back beating everything up so we headed back to the bridge and found a bunch of dinks hanging out there. Worked on up to the next bridge and picked up a few here and there. Decided to pull out and head over the Emerson - after we finally found the ramp - we made the trip aroound and launced on the main lake. Ducked into Crescent Beach and worked up the canal to Turtle Lake - Jim was catcing LM's on about every third cast with the B&B Chatter Bait. We worked across Turtle and headed into the "Mekong River" of Miller Canals - ran up on George and Jake just as they each hooked a goodun. We leap frogged them and went on into the canals and then out to Miller's Bay, down to the Ranger Station and then hooked up with a buddy of Jim's at the ramp. We headed over to Pillsbury for a while and Jim's buddy caught several SM's. Over to the camp for steaks and Moose Bean Casserole.

We decided that we would start in the canals, but from the talk we knew that George and Jake were headed in that direction also. We watched at launch to see where they would go in - when they headed to Crescent we made the run around to Miller Bay. Jumped into the first little cut as you come under the bridge - Jim stuck a couple there and I got one - we moved on out to the first canal and by the time we were half-way down, I had a limit and culled up to a MO limt by the time we hit the back (7:00 AM). We worked back out and then hit the next canal and by the time we were at the back, Jim had his limit but still had on 13.5" on the card. We worked back down the "Mekong River" and passed George and Jake - headed into Turtle and then over to Crescent - by the time we got there, Jim had culled his 13.5" and now we both had a limit of MO's. Worked the donut and headed over to Pillbury - boat traffic was so heavy we didn't stay there long and headed back up to Miller's Bay - after talking it over - we decided to make the run to Fort Dodge and we both caught fish there, but couldn't break the 15" barrier. Ducked into Turtle from the other side and began to hit 'em one right after the other - I did pick up a 16" but the majority of them were 15" and no help to the card. Worked our way out and finished the day on the docks north of the launch ramp. Felt pretty good about the card until I got to the parking lot Crying or Very sad

On the day, I beileve Jim and I each caught 100 bass - most of them exactly 15". Not too many dinks and no monsters. They all came on Senko's or ring-fries - this is one time I can truly say that color did not matter. One of my best days on 'boji - enough to make me want to do it again.
senkomaster
Missouri !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: great time at boji Reply with quote

Thanks for the cookout - it was super! Small report on fishing. Pre fishing we didn't do any good. So, we decided not to go any place we had been pre fishing or use the baits we used. I guess that plan worked ok. When no one went into Turtle ocean we decide to try it. Seemed be a good thing because we caught fish. None of the fish were monsters, but just kept culling fish. We did leave for awhile to go to Miller bay to fish beds, but soon figured out the male bass guarding the beds we smaller then what we needed to cull. We tried a small mouth spot, but didn't catch any. We decided to go back to Turtle ocean and finish up there. Didn't help much.
Had a really nice time catching fish. Senko for me was the best over frog and buzz bait.
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats will be up tonight or tomorrow night. Went right back into 12 hour shifts and paying for it...
WillGSX
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late post guys!

Okoboji Tournament - Blasted just before 6:00 back in at 2:00.

1. Randy Moose - 18, 16.25, 18, 15.75, 17.5 - 1220 Fish Points
2. Dave Anderson - 16.25, 17.5, 17, 16.5, 18 - 1210 Fish Points
3. Al Hovey - 17 3/8, 15.5, 17.25, 16.5, 16.5 - 1085 Fish Points
4. Brian Martin - 15, 18.25, 16.25, 16, 16 1/8 - 1050 Fish Points
5. George Westphal - 16, 15.5, 16.5, 15.5, 17.5 - 1030 Fish Points
6. Dave Utley - 15.25, 17.5, 15, 16.5, 16 - 1015 Fish Points
7. Jim Collins - 18.5, 15, 15, 15, 15.5 - 975 Fish Points
8. Jake Clark - 16.75, 14.75, 17, 15.5, 15.25 - 915 Fish Points
9. Will Campbell - 15, 15.5, 14.5, 18.5, 14.5 - 905 Fish Points
10. John Solano - 14.5, 15.5, 15.25, 15, 17 - 850 Fish Points
11. Robbie Van - 15, 15.75, 15.25, 15.5, 15.5 - 845 Fish Points
12. Nate Brown Jr. - 17.25, 13, 14, 14, 14 - 675 Fish Points
13.Mark Irwin (Guest) - 15.5 - 175 Fish Points
14. Larry Podkovich - 13.5 - 100 Fish Points

Big Stringer:
1st. Randy Moose - $20
2nd. Brian Martin - $10
3rd. George Westphal - $5

Big Bass:
18.50" - Tie Between Jim Collins and Will Campbell - Jim Collins takes tie with stringer for $40!

Great tourney, good weather, good food and drink, can't beat it!
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okoboji:
14 anglers carded 62 fish. 53 of the 62 were Missouri's = 86%.
Of the 53 Missouri's 6 were 18" or larger with Jim Collins and Will Campbell both carding an 18.5" LM each.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: