SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

Lake Anita. 4/25/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leadpipe
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aready got it ordered, Go out to your mailbox and wait till it shows up Laughing
Thanks Shad
shad master
Bucket Mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail box??? You mean with all the $$$'s you "won" you didn't spring for UPS?!?
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 limits, 22 Missouris on a day that few of us would have fished if it had not been a tournament day is pretty good. Good job by those that caught a Missouri or 3. I still don't know how I would have caught one of those 15+ inch fish. Short of turning right instead of left here or there, not sure if I would have changed much during the day.

Rock and I had a decent day for numbers. We both culled twice during the day. Both had quite a few shorts. I lost 3 or 4 others (nothing big) and had one break off on a hook set. Pretty sure it was a walleye, my line was shredded. I threw Rogues, Jigs, Shakey heads, Chatterbaits, all of which caught Missouris for others on the day. But I didn't get a bite on any of them and ended up spending most of the day with a spinning rod in my hands. After a slow first 2 hours, Rocky hit a small limit by 10 or so throwing a small jig, spit shot Centipede and a 3" Wooly Hawgtail. It took me until 11 or so to get 5 on the card, caught my fish on a Flick Shake worm and a Drop Shot rig. Most of our fish came on points in 5' of water. I did catch a couple near the damn. The slower you fished the more bites you would get. I am not sure why Rocky's fish were smaller than mine, he would hit a 12.50" fish, I would hit a 14.50" fish, no rhyme or reason, that is just the way that it went. On to Mozingo....
kaptain
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipe got it pretty much correct…
Like dan said, our best spot was on the top of a rock pile…in only like 3ft of water. But out a ways from the bank. Pipe restored my faith in jerkbaits, it had been 2-3 years since I caught a rogue fish. He started early with it, I finally got into the act. Hit a 12 & a 16… both in a wooded cove fishing about 6ft of water. Lost a late rogue fish on top of the rocks… that one hurt the worst…

Also hit a 16” beaver fish on a deeper rock pile. 2 senko fish from the dam area brush. Just couldn’t upgrade much… can’t expect much with 12’s still on the card.
No spot we hit was ever “hot.” We would pull up somewhere and hit one or two and it would be done it seemed. I lost 3 solid bites, but don’t know how big the fish were… Was a tough day to stay focused. Good job to those who figured it out… We all know Moz will carry higher expectations!
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Thursday now, and the boat is still wet!
Quinn and I were lucky to get those that we got. We had no pattern of any kind. I caught 3 of my fish on Black blue jig, the 17 3/4 was the first fish to bite, she was way down on the South end in a wind blown corner on a dropoff. She was as big around as she was long. The other two jig fish were clubs from around brush in deeper water. My last fish bit a Carolina rigged lizard from the road bed. Quinn took a club on a green jig, and his Missouri came on a drop shot on the road bed.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: