SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index SmallBoatBassClub.net
Small Boat Bass Club Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to SBBC Main Website

10/08 Pony Creek KS Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Pony Creek user fee. Reply with quote

Anderson told me that the fee was $100.00 minimum. So they are going to keep it..
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Scott on his big card.. His win at Pony Creek placed him in Second place over all for the season. He also captured the match play title. He also finished in first place for the season in the Calcutta series. Only thing left is T.O.C title this weekend.. He is going to have to build another wall to hang all of this stuff from....Good job bassin8er....
Bigroostertail
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised with the number of fish carded at this tournament. I would have to say that I thought the bite was slow. One needed to boat every bite to fill the card. Alex and I started on the point South of the boat ramp and worked into the wooded cove while it was still dark.. We were trying to sneak up on em... We started with top water, Buzz bait, spook. nothing going.. About the time the turkeys flew down and the Elk started to bugle I hit three club fish in the junk on a tube type bait. Alex hit a couple on a white spinner bait. We left that cove about 10 am went up to the creek, Ruppert and Tracy were out on the channel casting white spinner baits real hard.. We passed them went deeper on to a weeded flat, Alex caught several on a Sexy shad crank bait. I hit a couple on a white spinner bait. At 1 pm we went back to the wooded cove but it was pretty much over by then.. Nothing going on..
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if we are still keeping these records or not (Kozel was to take them over last year, maybe he can reply). But according to my records (dated summer time 2007), that 1,035 October card is the 2nd largest ever taken in October and only the 2nd card over 1,000 Fish Points in Club History. Based on my info here is the new Top 5 for October:

Rod F. 1,310 from West 2003.
Scottie G. 1,035 from Pony Creek 2008.
Rod F. 995 from 3-Mile 2005.
Ken T. 925 from West 2003.
Rod F. 925 from West 2004.

Pretty nice card any event, but a record card for an October event.
Hawghunter
Toad !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back and looked at last years October event. Good event, 2 over 1,000 Fish Points. New top 5 fish points in SBBC history in an October event:

1: Rod F. 2003 @ West. 1,310 Fish Points.
2: Dave A. 2007 @ Mozingo. 1,150 Fish Points.
3: Dan P. 2007 @ Mozoingo. 1,125 Fish Points.
4: Scottie G. 2008 @ Pony Creek. 1,035 Fish Points.
5: Rod F. 2005 @ 3-Mile. 995 Fish Points.

Also Scottie's 20.25" fish is only the 4th 20" fish in October in Club tournaments. That is led by Philip Hoocks 20.75" Anita fish in 1989. It is the 56th fish over 20" caught in an SBBC regular season event.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SmallBoatBassClub.net Forum Index -> Tournament Series File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: